About the Foundation
The David Wright Foundation is a charitable, tax exempt 501(c)3 organization founded in 2005 by David Wright of the New York Mets. The sole purpose and mission of the foundation is to provide financial support and raise awareness for those in need and to financially support other charitable organizations. The foundation pays special attention to Multiple Sclerosis and children's causes, and maintains its focus on the New York City and Norfolk, Va., metropolitan areas.
- All of our beneficiaries are hand selected based on our areas of focus. As of right now, we do not fund any unsolicited proposals. In addition, as a 501(c)3 charitable organization, the IRS will not allow us to donate money or memorabilia to individuals.
- If you are interested in volunteering for the DWF, please e-mail your information including resume and any other volunteer experience to email@example.com. We will only contact you if there is a fit within the foundation or for a specific event.
- Currently, there are no job openings with the Foundation. That may change as we continue to grow. If any jobs become available, we will post them on our website.
- The Foundation cannot process autograph requests for David due to the overwhelming number and the amount of time it takes to fulfill each one. Further, we cannot entertain or accept donations to the Foundation in exchange for an autograph or a chance to meet David.
- If you would like to purchase signed items, David has a great relationship with Locker Room Memorabilia. Please contact Emil Bodenstein at 877-TEAM-LRM to purchase signed items. A portion of the proceeds from those sales are donated to the foundation.
- David is not available for public appearance or speaking engagements through the Foundation. All business and endorsement proposals that are non-foundation related should be directed to David's agents.
- All press requests for David or the Foundation should be submitted through the contact page of the website. Press pass requests for any event should be submitted via the website at least one week prior to the event. We will do our best to accommodate each and every request but please understand that during the season, it is extremely difficult for David to schedule face-to-face interviews.
We are run through the generosity of our volunteers and supporters. Through the collective effort of everyone involved, we hope to accomplish our goals for many years to come.
David Wright Foundation
81 Pondfield Road, #327
Bronxville, New York 10708-0850
Powered by © 2001- MLB Advanced Media, L.P. All rights reserved.
The following are trademarks or service marks of Major League Baseball entities and may be used only with permission of Major League Baseball Properties, Inc. or the relevant Major League Baseball entity: Major League, Major League Baseball, MLB, the silhouetted batter logo, World Series, National League, American League, Division Series, League Championship Series, All-Star Game, and the names, nicknames, logos, uniform designs, color combinations, and slogans designating the Major League Baseball clubs and entities, and their respective mascots, events and exhibitions.