The Angels return for their fourth homestand after completing a quick road trip to Seattle and Colorado. The homestand begins Thursday at 7:07 p.m. vs. the Twins (Thursday, May 10 - Sunday, May 13). Following the four game series, the homestand will continue with the Astros (Monday, May 14 - Wednesday, May 16), and conclude with the Rays (Thursday, May 17- Sunday, May 20). Below is a look at the notable events and ceremonies taking place at Angel Stadium during the homestand:
ROOKIE OF THE MONTH CEREMONY
· Angels RHP/DH, Shohei Ohtani, will be honored for winning the A.L. Rookie of the Month (April) award in a pre-game ceremony on Friday, May 11.
· On Sunday, May 13, the Angels will celebrate Mother's Day. Players will take the field with season seat holder moms prior to the first pitch, and a ceremony honoring Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure will take place pre-game.
· Players from both teams will wear Mother's Day inspired pink hats, jerseys featuring a pink ribbon on the left chest, socks and more in honor of Susan G. Komen and Stand Up To Cancer. MLB Players will also have the opportunity to use pink bats. Louisville Slugger will donate the proceeds from the sale of their pink bats, which will be stamped with the MLB breast cancer awareness logo, to Susan G. Komen and Stand Up To Cancer.
· The Angels have selected Anne Fleck to be their Honorary Bat Girl on Mother's Day in the battle against breast cancer. For the past 35 years, Anne has practiced as an occupational therapist to help children with special needs in Orange County. Just this past August, Anne was diagnosed with both Stage 1 breast cancer and a positive BRCA-2 gene. Anne underwent a double mastectomy with reconstructive surgery on the same day with the guidance of her doctors.
· The Angels will also host a Mother's Day Brunch at Angel Stadium at Gate 1 beginning at 11:00 a.m. and tickets can be purchased at online at angels.com.
· The first 20,000 adults in attendance on Sunday's game will be given an Angels Mother's Day Sun Hat presented by Timeless Skin Care.
STAR WARS NIGHT
· On Friday, May 18, the Angels will host Star Wars night for fans in attendance. There will be a special appearances from characters on the field and throughout the stadium to interact with fans. Characters will also stop in the broadcast booths during the game. In addition, fans in attendance will receive a Han Solo Rally Monkey while supplies last.
· On Thursday, May 10, Mike Lee, will throw out the honorary first pitch for his donation to the Katharine Feeney Memorial Scholarship Fund made at the MLB Winter Meetings.
· Ashley and David Eckstein will throw out the first pitch prior to Thursday's, May 17, game to celebrate Ashley's new book, It's Your Universe. David will catch Ashley's pitch.
· Legends executive head chef, Robert Biebrich, will throw out the first pitch prior to Monday's, May 14, game.
· Fiesta Angels presented by State Farm and Coca Cola will take place on Saturday, May 12 from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m. This free pre-game event will feature entertainment including Mariachi bands, food, Angels merchandise and special guest appearances from Angels players.
GIRL SCOUT NIGHT
· Girl Scouts throughout Southern California will be honored on Saturday, May 12. Top cookie sellers will be honored for their achievement this year by participating in pre-game events. Ashley Obremski from Troop 2509 will be the 'Bat Girl," Ella Chang from Troop 3562 will throw out the honorary first pitch and Hailey Heren from Troop 3155 will announce the ceremonial 'play ball.'
· There will be a Girl Scout parade on the warning track with over 1,000 participants before the game, and a pre-game ceremony featuring the Pledge of Allegiance and the Girl Scout Promise.
LITTLE LEAGUE DAY
· On Sunday, May 20, Little League Day will take place at Angel Stadium. Approximately 8,000 little leaguers from Aliso Viejo, Irvine Ranch, Laguna Beach, Laguna Hills, Laguna Niguel, Lake Forest, Northwood and Rancho Niguel areas will be in attendance. Players from each league will march in a parade on the field's warning track prior to the game.
· In addition, a select group of Little Leaguers from Seaview and Ocean View will take the field with position players and get an autograph prior to first pitch.
· Approximately 13 wineries will be at Angel Stadium for Wine Night on Saturday, May 19. Fans in attendance can sample flights of various wines in the Music Garden.
ARMED FORCES DAY
· On Saturday, May 19, the Angels will honor the five military branches on Armed Forces Day presented by State Farm. A pre-game ceremony will be held with over 100 uniformed military personnel from each of the branches on the field. In this ceremony, the U.S. Army Color Guard will lead a moment of silence.
· After the Moment of Silence, approximately 700 band members will perform the National Anthem in honor of Band Night.
SCHOOL EMPLOYEE APPRECIATION NIGHT
· Teachers will be honored at Angel Stadium on Friday, May 11, with a pre-game ceremony presented by Schools First Employee appreciation Night. Benjamin Murillo(12 yrs. old) will represent Savanna School District as the Bat Kid. Clint Harwick from Huntington Beach Union High School District will throw out the first pitch. Francis Saporito (9 yrs. old) from Circle View Elementary School will announce the ceremonial 'play ball.' They will also host a school supply drive at Home Plate Gate.
· On Thursday, May 11, the Angels will honor 24 kids for winning the Water Awareness Poster Contest with the Municipal Water District of Orange County in a pre-game ceremony.
Fans in attendance of Saturday night's games against the Twins (May 12) and the Rays (May 19) will be treated to a postgame fireworks show presented by Wells Fargo.
· On Wednesday, May 16, Angels will honor teachers throughout the community with a Teacher are Heroes pre-game ceremony.
· St. Joseph Hospital will be honored in a pre-game ceremony on Saturday, May 19.
· Orange Coast College Night will be held on Saturday, May 12, and include a pre-game ceremony.
· In recognition of Albert Pujols hitting 3,000 and joining the elite club, the Angels present a unique ticket off for fans. Fans can use the code 'ALBERT' to purchase $30 tickets in the Field All-Star and Terrace All-Star sections for the four-game series against Tampa Bay (May 17-20).
GIVEAWAYS (while supplies last)
· Upon entrance to the game on Friday, May 11, fans in attendance will receive an Andrelton Simmons Bobblehead courtesy of The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf.
· On Sunday, May 13, adults will receive an Angels Mother's Day Sun Hat presented by Timeless Skin Care.
· Fans in attendance on Friday, May 18, will receive a Han Solo Rally Monkey in honor of Star Wars Night.