Oakland A's Community Foundation public art event
To help commemorate the team's 50th anniversary in Oakland, the Oakland A's are proud to introduce Stomper in the Town, a public art event that features 50 life-size statues of the lovable A's mascot throughout Oakland. All proceeds will benefit the A's Community Fund, which provides funding for programs that are making a significant impact in Oakland and the East Bay. Stomper in the Town will highlight the creativity of our community while creating a season-long attraction that celebrates the spirit of the Athletics.
The A's are currently connecting with artists to collaborate on this city-wide project. Artwork submission details are below.
At the end of the 2018 season, a selection of Stomper in the Town statues will be auctioned off to raise funds for the Oakland A's Community Foundation.
We are looking for partners that want to be involved with Stomper in the Town. If interested in sponsoring a Stomper statue, please contact email@example.com.
Call for Artists
The Oakland A's invite artists to submit their design for a Stomper statue. Statues will be decorated by artists that have a creative eye and talent to transform these Stomper statues into unique pieces of art. Oakland artists are particularly encouraged to participate.
Artists selected to participate receive:
- The opportunity to transform the statue using paint, mosaics, clothing, or any other creative medium
- $200 gift card to FLAX art & design
- $1,000 stipend
- Name and hometown on the plaque that is permanently affixed to the base of the statute
- Recognition on website and promotional map
Artists interested in submitting a concept design should follow the project guidelines:
- Draw and color your Stomper design on the outline sketches.
- Please attempt to provide a 2-D (flat) sketch.
- Your final submission should be kept within the standard 8 1/2" x 11" format.
- Provide a suggested title for the design.
- Briefly describe the materials that would be used to complete the final project.