What Is Positive Athlete Georgia?
Positive Athlete Georgia is a movement featuring high character current and former professional athletes, led by former UGA star and Super Bowl XL MVP Hines Ward, who are established and credible role models to young athletes. Positive Athlete is an umbrella brand for all athletes who are marking a positive contribution to their communities, overcoming difficult circumstances with a positive attitude, and believe a positive attitude is essential to their success.
Since the program's inception five years ago, over 10,000 high school student-athletes have been nominated for Positive Athlete Awards, and over $75,000 in corporately sponsored college scholarships have been awarded. The Atlanta Braves have been a partner with Positive Athlete since 2015.
Current and former professional athletes are members of this organization, and high school athletes will be invited to join based on being nominated by a coach, school administrator, parent or fan for the annual Georgia Positive High School Athlete Awards. Coaches in youth sports leagues in Georgia are already naming "Positive Athletes of the Game" each game as a way to emphasize the importance of having a positive attitude.
The Positive Athlete brand was created to remind all athletes that it's "cool to be positive." It also creates opportunities for local companies to participate in the movement.
Congratulations! All Positive Athlete Nominees receive a special ticket offer from the Atlanta Braves.
- Optimistic Attitude: Most coaches will tell you that an athlete who believes positive things will happen has a greater chance for success.
- Encouraging Teammate: In every sport, teammates are going to experience some kind of failure. Positive Athletes are the first ones to encourage them.
- Servant Leader: Positive Athletes do not think about being the "stars of the team." They lead through serving others first and by setting an example.
- Heart for Others: Many athletes are blessed with gifts that many others are not. The Positive Athlete seeks to help the less gifted or fortunate.
- Admits Imperfections: This is Positive Athlete... not Perfect Athlete. Athletes willing to admit they make mistakes gain the respect of teammates and fans.
- Always Gives 100%: Not every athletic competition goes as planned, but a Positive Athlete always gives 100% no matter what the scoreboard says.
- Puts Team First: There are times when personal achievement may hurt the team's goal. Positive Athletes choose their team.
Been Nominated as a Positive Athlete?
Congratulations! All Positive Athlete Nominees receive a special ticket offer from the Atlanta Braves. Positive Athlete has emailed you a special code for you to use to take advantage of this offer! If you have not received this code in your email, please email Positive Athlete at email@example.com.