NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
The Promotion begins on March 29, 2018, at the official start time of the Atlanta Braves regular season home game played on such date and ends at the official conclusion of the seventh (7th) inning of the final 2018 regular season home game of the Atlanta Braves (the "Promotion Period"). The Promotion Period will be divided into separate entry periods (each, an "Entry Period") with each Entry Period being held on the date of an official Atlanta Braves 2018 regular season home game played during the Promotion Period and beginning at the official start time of such game and ending at the official end time of the seventh (7th) inning of such game, each as determined by ANLBC at its sole discretion. Note: The entry period will not remain open should an Atlanta Braves baseball game go into extra innings. The exact number of Entry Periods will depend on the number of Atlanta Braves 2018 regular season home games are played during the Promotion Period.
Means of Entry
There is no purchase necessary or fee to enter. You may enter the Promotion via the App on your App-compatible mobile device only. No other method of entry will be accepted. Limit one (1) entry per person/e-mail address/household per Entry Period. Additional entries beyond the specified limit will be void.
During the Entry Period, participants may access the Promotion by launching the App on their compatible device and clicking on the banners, buttons or links to access the Promotion within the Atlanta Braves section of the App. Promotion participants must be registered users of the App. Please note: the App is free; however, standard data usage and other carrier fees may apply; check with your carrier for pricing details. Wireless service is not available in all areas. Entries must comply with these Official Rules.
Promotion entries during the Promotion Period that are generated by script, macro or other automated means or utilizing any other method or means which, in Operator's sole discretion, impacts the integrity of the Promotion or is in violation of these Official Rules will be void. The Operator reserves the right to disqualify any Promotion participant from the Promotion at any time if the Operator determines that the participant has entered the Promotion using automated means.
The Promotion is administered by the Operator (FanBeat, Inc.). By participating in the Promotion, each participant agrees that the Operator will solely resolve any disputes and rules violations that arise in connection with the Promotion, and its decisions relating to such matters shall be final and binding in all respects. If you have questions regarding the administration of the Promotion, please send an email to [email protected].
How to Play
The Promotion is a free (standard data usage and other carrier fees may apply) game for fans to play during any Entry Period. For each Entry Period, participants must submit an answer, as directed, to up to twenty (20) skill-based questions that will be available in the App beginning at the start of the Entry Period and thereafter on a half-inning basis during the applicable Entry Period. For each question participants must submit an answer before the timer (typically 25-45 seconds) expires at the bottom of the screen. The Promotion will consist of a random drawing ("Instant Win Sweepstakes") and a skill-based competition ("Contest") as follows:
- Instant Win Sweepstakes: For each question answered during an Entry Period by an eligible participant without regard for whether the answer is correct, such eligible participant will receive one (1) entry in the Instant Win Sweepstakes for the applicable Entry Period. For each Entry Period, one (1) potential winner of the Sweepstakes will be selected by random drawing at the end of the Entry Period from among all eligible entries received during such Entry Period. Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these Official Rules, the potential winner will be declared the official winners of the Instant Win Sweepstakes (an "Instant Win Sweepstakes Winner"). Odds of winning an Instant Win Sweepstakes Prize depend on the total number of eligible Instant Win Sweepstakes entries received during the applicable Entry Period. Limit one (1) Instant Win Sweepstakes Prize per person, family or household. All non-winning eligible entries from one (1) Sweepstakes drawing will not carry-over to or remain eligible for any other Instant Win Sweepstakes drawing.
- Promotion Period Season Prizing (Drawings): At two (2) specified times during the Promotion Period (listed specifically in the Promotion Period section above), all eligible participants that answered questions during the first half of the Promotion Period as defined as March 29, 2018 to July 15, 2018 and the second half of the Promotion Period as defined as July 20, 2018 to September 30, 2018, without regard for whether the answers are correct, will receive one (1) entry in the Promotion Period Season Drawing for each question they answered. The participant will be entered into a Promotion Period Season Prize Drawing for the identified Promotion Period Season Prizes (identified below as the "Promotion Period Season Prizes") and subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. The Promotion Period Prize Drawing process is executed as follows: each question answered by an eligible participant during the first half of the Promotion Period as defined above will be converted to a ticket and the Operator will randomly draw a winning ticket for each Promotional Period Season Prize out of the sum total of all eligible players. The Operator will conduct the Prize Drawing in order of highest ARV prize to lowest ARV prize. Participants are not eligible to win multiple Promotion Period Season Prizes. Those eligible participants whose names are drawn offline by the Operator will be declared official winners of the Promotion Period Season Drawing (each, a "Promotion Period Season Prize Winner"). Odds of winning a Promotion Period Season Prize depend on the total number of eligible Promotion Period Season Prize entries received and the number of total questions answered during the Promotion.
- Contest: For each question correctly answered during an Entry Period by an eligible participant, such eligible participant will receive the points specified for the correctly answered question. These points will accumulate for the Entry Period, identified in the game as Game points.
- At the end of each Entry Period, the eligible participants that received the most points for such Entry Period will be potential winners and subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, will be declared official winners of the Contest for that Entry Period (each, an "Entry Period Game Winner"). In the event of a tie for a specific Entry Period prize ("Entry Period Game Prize"), the participant who had the highest score on the final countdown trivia question for the Entry Period will be considered the winner of the prize. In the event that the tied participants also had equal scores on the final countdown trivia question, each participant will be awarded the prize in question.
- During the Promotion Period, any eligible participant who answers all twenty (20) questions correctly for an Entry Period will be a potential Grand Prize winner subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. In the event that multiple participants qualify as potential Grand Prize winners for a single entry period, the qualifying potential Grand Prize winners will receive an equal split of the Grand Prize offered for the Entry Period.
Instant Win Sweepstakes Prizes, Entry Period Game Prizes, Promotional Period Season Prizes, and Grand Prize
Instant Win Sweepstakes Prize.
One (1) Instant Win Sweepstakes Prize will be awarded per Entry Period. Each Instant Win Sweepstakes Winner will receive One (1) Georgia Lottery "Break the Bank" scratcher ticket. The retail value of the ticket is twenty-five dollars ($25) and with a chance to win a maximum payout of three million dollars ($3,000,000).
Entry Period Game Prizes.
Multiple Entry Period Game Prizes will be awarded per Entry Period as follows: one (1) official baseball autographed by an Atlanta Braves player determined by ANLBC at its sole discretion (approximate retail value of fifty dollars ($50)); five (5) Atlanta Braves Bobble-Heads (approximate retail value of twenty dollars ($20) each); six (6) ten dollar ($10) Georgia Lottery "Cash Blowout" scratcher tickets (retail value of ten dollars ($10) each) and with a chance to win a maximum payout of one million dollars ($1,000,000).
Promotional Period Season Prizes.
The following Promotional Period Season Prizes will be awarded by random drawing per the rules of the Promotion Period Season Prize Drawings to qualified participants:
First Half Season Prizes
- One (1) 2019 Spring Training Weekend for two (2) people (approximate retail value of one thousand four hundred dollars ($1,400)). Description: Enjoy a special weekend for you and a friend to catch two (2) Atlanta Braves 2019 Spring Training games at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex in Orlando, Florida. Trip includes roundtrip coach airfare, two (2) nights hotel accommodations, and two (2) VIP tickets to the games.
Second Half Season Prizes
- One (1), five thousand-dollar ($5,000) cash award from the Sponsor (retail value of five thousand dollars ($5,000)).
- Eight (8) Autographed Atlanta Braves Jersey awards (approximate retail value of two hundred dollars ($200) each).
- Four (4) VIP Batting Practice Experience for two (2) experience awards (approximate retail value of one hundred fifty dollars ($150) each experience).
An eligible participant that answers all twenty (20) initial questions correctly during a single Entry Period, as determined by the Operator in its sole discretion, will win one million U.S. dollars (US $1,000,000) awarded in an annuity or lesser lump sum as described below (the "Grand Prize").
In the event that more than one (1) eligible participant answers twenty (20) initial questions correctly during a single Entry Period and qualifies for the Grand Prize, the Grand Prize will be divided evenly among all qualifying participants for that Entry Period.
Each Grand Prize will be awarded as a forty (40) year annuity with a payment of up to Twenty-Five Thousand Dollars ($25,000) per year over forty (40) years for a total cash payout of up to One Million Dollars ($1,000,000). Alternatively, the Grand Prize Winner may elect a single lump sum payment of Six Hundred Thousand Dollars ($600,000), less withholding for income taxes and other statutory requirements. Payments will be made to any Grand Prize Winner by the Sponsor or its insurer.
In no event will more than two (2) Grand Prizes be awarded for the entire Promotional Period.
Before claiming the Grand Prize, a Grand Prize Winner will be required to provide an affidavit attesting to his or her eligibility and compliance with the Official Rules of the Promotion, along with any other written documentation or information required by the Sponsor's insurer.
Major League Baseball game, event and exhibition dates and times are determined in the sole discretion of the Office of the Commissioner of Baseball and/or the applicable Major League Baseball Club, as applicable, and may be subject to change. Released Parties will not be responsible for weather conditions, Acts of God, acts of terrorism, civil disturbances, work stoppage or any other natural disaster outside their control that may cause the cancellation or postponement of any Major League Baseball game.
From time to time, the game producer for the Operator may void (cancel) a question that it determines in its sole discretion was either a) incorrectly stated or answered or b) is not applicable based on the game play. In this situation the voided question will not count as an active question in determining participants' eligibility for the Grand Prize. The voided question may be replaced by the game producer in order to offer twenty (20) active, non-voided questions. In all cases, a Grand Prize winner is required to correctly answer at least twenty (20) active, non-voided questions in order to be eligible to win the Grand Prize.
In the event that an error is made by the Operator and fewer than twenty (20) active questions are posted for an Entry Period, no participants will be eligible to win the Grand Prize for that Entry Period. In the event that an error is made by the Operator and more than twenty (20) active, non-voided questions are posted for an Entry Period, participants must answer the initial twenty (20) active, non-voided questions correctly for the Entry Period to be eligible to win the Grand Prize (for example, if twenty-one (21) questions are posted and active for a game, and a participant misses question number five (5) but answers the other 20 questions correctly, the participant would not be eligible to win the Grand Prize).
Instant Win Sweepstakes Prize and Entry Period Game Prize winners will receive notifications in the App at or around the end of the applicable Entry Period with instructions for claiming awarded Prizes. This information will also appear under Prize Notifications accessible from the Main Menu (top left link in the header on the game screen) in the App. Instant Win Sweepstakes Prizes and Georgia Lottery scratcher tickets must be claimed on an Atlanta Braves regular season home game day at SunTrust Park at Guest Services outside Section 111 within fifteen (15) calendar days of prize award and no later than the final Braves game at SunTrust Park on September 23, 2018. Awarded prizes that are unclaimed during this period will be forfeited.
ANLBC will notify Promotional Period Season Prize winners using the email address used to register for access to the App. In the event a participant wins the Grand Prize, ANLBC will also contact the winner(s) using the email address used to register for access to the App. If after reasonable attempts by ANLBC to contact a Prize winner, a Prize winner does not return the required forms within twenty (21) calendar days of the corresponding drawing or Prize award, the Prize will be forfeited. In the case of Promotional Period Season Prizes, the forfeited Prize will be awarded to an alternative winner.
- The Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. The Contest portion of the Promotion is a skill contest designed to increase fan engagement with the Atlanta Braves. The Contest may not be used for, or in connection with, any form of gambling.
- Neither Apple Inc. nor Google Inc. is a sponsor of, responsible for conducting, or in any other way involved in this Promotion. This Promotion is not sponsored, administered, executed or produced by ANLBC or any other MLB Entity.
- No substitution or transfer of a prize is permitted. All taxes associated with the receipt or use of any prize are the sole responsibility of each individual winner. In the event that the awarding of any prizes to winners of the Promotion is challenged by any legal authority, the Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to determine whether or not to award or adjust such prizes. In all disputes arising out of the determination of the winner of the Promotion, the Operator is the sole judge and its actions are final and binding.
- By entering the Promotion, each participant grants to ANLBC, the other MLB Entities, the Operator, the Sponsor, and each of their respective designees the right, without obligation, to use his/her name, display name, likeness, city and state of residence, and Promotion entry for advertising, promotion, trade and/or any other purpose in any media or format now known or hereafter devised, throughout the world, in perpetuity, without limitation and without further compensation, consideration, permission or notification, unless prohibited by law. Participants expressly consent to the posting of their display names and Promotion status on the Promotion leaderboard and on digital displays throughout SunTrust Park.
- The Released Parties, Google, Inc., and Apple, Inc. are not responsible for lost, late, stolen, garbled, delayed, undeliverable or misdirected Promotion question or answer or prize notification content whether caused by a participant, equipment, or technical malfunction or any human error, technical error or malfunctions. The Released Parties, Google, Inc. and Apple, Inc. are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any mobile app, telephone network, cable, satellite, wireless, Internet Service Provider or lines, computer systems, servers, computer equipment, software, malfunctions of Mobile Devices or other wireless devices, wireless service problems, or cellular tower equipment that may cause question or answer content to be delayed or not delivered.
- The Released Parties, Google, Inc. and Apple, Inc. make no warranties, express or implied, relative to the use or enjoyment of any prize. By entering the Promotion, each participant agrees to indemnify, hold harmless and fully release the Released Parties, Google, Inc. and Apple, Inc. from any and all claims, demands, losses, promises, causes of action and liabilities for any injuries, losses, death, or damages of any kind caused directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, by participation in the Promotion or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use, or misuse, of any prize, including any travel.
- If technical difficulties of any kind compromise the integrity or ability to continue Promotion play, Sponsor, Operator and the applicable MLB Entities reserve the right to modify or terminate the Promotion or any element of the Promotion in their sole discretion.
- Warning: Any attempt to deliberately damage any website, the App or any other mobile app or other computer systems associated with this Promotion or undermine the legitimate operations of the Promotion may be in violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Released Parties reserve the right to prosecute and seek damages from any person responsible for the attempt to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- In the event that the Promotion is challenged by any legal or regulatory authority, the Operator and Sponsor reserve the right to discontinue or modify the Promotion, or to disqualify participants residing in the affected geographic areas. In such event, the Released Parties, Google, Inc. and Apple, Inc. shall have no liability to any affected participants.
- As a condition of entering this Promotion, each entrant agrees that (i) any and all disputes, claims, controversies or causes of action arising out of or relating to this Promotion, or any prizes awarded (each, a "Claim"), shall be (1) arbitrated on an individual basis only, and shall not be consolidated or joined with or in any arbitration or other proceeding involving a Claim of any other party, and (2) settled by binding arbitration in Fulton County, Georgia before a single arbitrator appointed by the American Arbitration Association in accordance with its then governing rules and procedures, and judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered by any court having jurisdiction thereof; and (ii) under no circumstance will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses. These Official Rules shall be governed by and construed and interpreted by the laws of the state of Georgia.
Game and Instant Win prize winners for separate Atlanta Braves regular season home games will be visible within the App for the duration of the Promotion Period and for a minimum of two (2) months following the conclusion of the Promotion Period. Promotional Period Season Prize winners and any Grand Prize winners will be posted at www.mlb.com/braves and on the FanBeat twitter feed, @fanbeat, upon the award of those prizes.
The Sponsor of this Promotion is the Georgia Lottery Corporation, 250 Williams Street NW, #3000, Atlanta, GA, 30303.
The Operator of this Promotion is FanBeat, Inc., 2221 Peachtree Rd NW, Suite D-347, Atlanta, GA, 30309.
Major League Baseball trademarks, service marks and copyrights are proprietary to the MLB Entities. All rights reserved.