The Angels were rained out in Anaheim for the first time in 20 years
Torrential rain covered much of Southern California on Sunday night, forcing the Angels and Red Sox to reschedule their Sunday Night Baseball matchup for another time (a day-night doubleheader on Monday). It's the first time an Angels game had been rained out in Anaheim since June 16, 1995.
Tonight's contest has been postponed due to inclement weather. Tomorrow we will have the first doubleheader #ATheBigA since 2003.- Angels (@Angels) July 20, 2015
Garret Anderson was a rookie on that '95 Angels team, which was set to face off against a White Sox team featuring Frank Thomas, Ozzie Guillen, Robin Ventura and John Kruk. And if that's not enough to make you feel extremely old, chew on these other facts from June 16, 1995:
- Mike Trout was only 3 years old.
- Bill Clinton was in his first term as president.
- Val Kilmer was Batman and his movie, "Batman Forever," was No. 1 at the box office. His Batsuit had nipples.
- Bryan Adams was atop the Billboard Top 100 with "Have You Ever Really Loved a Woman?"
- The first DVD had not yet been released.
- "Friends" had just finished its first season. "Seinfeld" still had three more years left in its original run.
- O.J. Simpson was still on trial.
- Hootie and the Blowfish had the No. 1 album in America with Cracked Rear View:
So, yeah ... it's been a second.