Reporter drops kid's souvenir in nachos, is generally having a tough day
We'd like to take a moment to celebrate one of the unsung heroes of the ballpark. This Pirates sideline reporter went through a minor crisis on Monday -- here's how it went down:
1. Grown man catches foul ball. Grown man, being a grown man, gives foul ball to a nearby kid. Kid, being a kid, mistakenly throws foul ball back onto field.
2. Heroic sideline reporter vows to get kid a new souvenir, procuring a second ball from Pittsburgh's equipment manager.
3. Sideline reporter drops ball in someone's nachos. He de-cheeses it and presses on.
4. ... only to discover that the original ball has already been returned to kid.
5. Sideline reporter half-heartedly presents new ball to grown man instead.
Here's to you, sideline reporter. We appreciate the effort. Now, back to your hiding place.