Starting Nine: A heroic first pitch at Fenway
Many things are happening -- on Cut4, in baseball and out there in the rest of the world. Here are nine you need to know about today:
1. Boston Marathon bombing victim Jeff Bauman and his rescuer Carlos Arredondo reunited to throw out out the ceremonial first pitch at Fenway on Tuesday:
2. Our thoughts are with the family of Angels orthopedist Lewis Yocum, who passed away on Saturday. A pioneer of Tommy John surgery, Dr. Yocum changed the lives of countless athletes throughout his long career in sports medicine.
3. To commemorate the 105th anniversary of "Take Me Out to the Ballgame," we've rounded up 15 exceptional versions of the song. Warning: it's gonna get weird.
4. Brian McCann reportedly adjusted his batting stance by "three inches" from Monday to Tuesday, but the difference was two homers. One small step for McCann ...
5. Don't feel like feeling feelings? Then you probably shouldn't watch this video of David Wright hugging a Mets fan:
6. A timely A's win on Monday means that this baby will be rooting for Dad's favorite team:
7. For Mariano Rivera, Tuesday's contest with the Mets was bookended with opposite emotions. The closer threw out the ceremonial first pitch before the game, but a walk-off Amazins win in the ninth marked Mo's first blown save of the season.
8. And now for an adorable photo of a tiny Barack Obama holding a baseball bat.
9. The Heat lost Tuesday's Game 4 of the Eastern Conference Finals, with the Pacers tying the series 2-2. Feel like cheering up LeBron? Send him a job application -- LBJ has announced that he's hiring interns. Who wouldn't want to work for this face?
-- Cut4 Staff