Starting Nine: Ay Rios Mio
Many things are happening -- on Cut4, in baseball and out there in the rest of the world. Here are nine you need to know about today.
1. The White Sox beat the Tigers 11-4 on Tuesday, and Alex Rios collected six hits. Rios is the first to accomplish the feat in nine innings since '09 and also the only player to collect exactly five singles and one triple in the history of the American League.
2. Yasiel Puig tried to gain NL Final Vote support by pulling off another amazing hustle play on Tuesday night. But Miguel Montero said "No, no, no."
3. No, the Mets will not play 16 innings again:
4. But they will videobomb their teammates in absolutely terrifying ways:
5. Shaving in the middle of a game? Keep doing you, Ian Desmond.
6. Listen my children and you shall hear
Of the mid-inning slide of Ben Revere,
On the eighth of April, in 2013;
If you follow our site, then you would have seen
A somersault performed, of the highest tier.
7. No one's sure what this security guard was doing in left field at AT&T Park on Monday, but it's hilarious:
8. Drew Rosenhaus wrestles sharks ...
9. Fred Savage (or Kevin Arnold) turned 37 years old yesterday, so "lend me your ears and I'll sing you a song."
-- Cut4 Staff