Starting Nine: Big Papi enters the record books
Many things are happening -- on Cut4, in baseball and out there in the rest of the world. Here are nine you need to know about today.
1. With a double against the Mariners on Wednesday night, David Ortiz surpassed Harold Baines to become the all-time hits-leading DH. Here's No. 1,689:
2. We were impressed when the Nationals hit back-to-back homers off Cliff Lee, but doing it again (in the very next inning) was twice as nice:
3. And this is how Prince Fielder celebrated his own two-run jack on Wednesday night.
4. He's baaaaack.
6. Behold: Baltimore's finest mohawk.
7. "Everybody knows I like my stuff to fit. I like to feel it on my body." --Dan Uggla, fashion icon.
8. This is Robbie's territory. That is yours. Got it, Eduardo?
9. Jay-Z spent six hours dancing with strangers in a New York art gallery on Wednesday. We're not mad we weren't there, nope, not at all, not even a little bit.
-- Cut4 Staff