Starting Nine: Evan Gattis' rookie season just got even grander
Many things are happening -- on Cut4, in baseball and out there in the rest of the world. Here are nine you need to know about today:
1. Evan Gattis hit the first grand slam of his career -- and the 10th homer of his rookie season -- on Wednesday, helping the Braves lock down their sixth straight win.
2. This Alexei Ramirez catch has us equally impressed with his fielding and tumbling skills:
3. So, it turns out Koji Uehara doesn't like it when people don't high-five him. Case in point: Shane Victorino.
4. This California high school ballplayer didn't feel like being tagged out at the plate, so he decided to jump over the catcher instead.
5. Miggy Cabrera had some interesting luck yesterday. First, karma smacked him with a foul ball after he made fun of Matt Tuiasosopo. Later, Michael Bourn's glove knocked his fly ball over the wall for an accidental home run.
7. Debbie Trout is great at least two things: raising kick-ass baseball players, and coming up with perfect words to describe them.
One proud Mama!!! Standing ovation at the Big A !!! TROUTSTANDING !!!- Debbie Trout (@DebbieTrout27) May 22, 2013
8. The Heat beat the Pacers 103-102 in Game 1 of the Eastern Conference final. LeBron's game-winning layup in overtime came with Indiana's Roy Hibbert inexplicably on the bench.
9. Kanye West has reportedly courted Will Smith to return from retirement to rap on his new album Yeezus (... yeah). Please, please, please let this happen. And we're just saying: Wild Wild West would make a great name for the baby, Kim.
-- Cut4 Staff