Starting Nine: Troutstanding
Many things are happening -- on Cut4, in baseball and out there in the rest of the world. Here are nine you need to know about today:
1. Mike Trout hit his 10th home run of the season, and it was absolutely monstrous. How can you watch this and not feel bad for that baseball? At least it got to go home with a Trout fan.
2. On the other side of the ball, Lorenzo Cain tried to stop the human members of the Angels with this insane catch, but L.A. went on to beat the Royals 5-4.
3. Doesn't it feel like you can't mention Trout without also mentioning Miguel Cabrera? Not to be outdone by the young hotshot, Miggy launched a two-run homer in Detroit -- helping his team win 7-6 against the Twins.
6. The Pirates donned Penguins jerseys on their way into the ballpark. Brandon Inge took it a step further and put on the whole uniform.
7. Who doesn't love the Albuquerque Isotopes? Watch center fielder Tony Gwynn Jr. climb the wall for this showstopping catch.
8. And now, a guy who sort of (sort of) looks like Hulk Hogan trying to excite the Pirates faithful. He also might look a little like someone left A.J. Burnett out in the sun too long. Either way, it was a thing that happened.
9. The New York Rangers beat the Boston Bruins in overtime. We're starting to think these two cities don't like each other, regardless of the sporting context. Here's the winning goal (or basket. Or run. Or touchdown. Whatever).
-- Cut4 Staff