The Brooklyn Cyclones announce 'Saved by the Bell' night, are your new favorite team
Brooklyn Cyclones announce 'Saved by the Bell' night
While some are surely claiming that there is a Saved by the Bell revival following the cast'sTonight Show appearance on Wednesday night:
I say the show has never gone anywhere. In fact, I'm pretty sure there's at least one episode on TV right this very moment.
The Brooklyn Cyclones, the team that brought you the genius Seinfeld night complete with Keith Hernandez "Magic loogie" bobblehead last season, have once again captured the zeitgeist with their Saved by the Bell promotion. While taking on the Tri-State ValleyCats on June 24th, the team will wear these spot-on jerseys:
Even better, the team has come up with a genius list of activities for the night:
- Pre-game "Sprain" Dancing Competition
- A.C. Slater's Sitting Backwards Musical Chairs
- I'm So Excited Fan Cam
- Mr. Tuttle's Learner's Permit On-Field Obstacle Course
- Screech Powers Chess Tournament on the Concourse Level
- Kiss Cam complete with the usual "WOOOOOOOOOOOW" sounds since our game will also be taped in front of a live studio audience
- Anyone named Johnny Dakota is banned from the ballpark because we "Say Nope to Dope"
- Oldest Cell Phone in the Ballpark Competition
- Friendship bracelet station on the concourse...singing "Friends Forever" will be optional.
- Zack Morris TIMEOUT Race Around the Bases - kids will race around the bases, but most stop in their tracks every time they hear TIMEOUT.
- After the game, fans with perms or wearing stonewashed jeans will be allowed to run the bases.
Honestly, I would attend this if it was a week-long cruise and we never docked the boat.
The night is also the first of the Cyclones' series of Way Back Wednesdays, so there will surely be a few more surprises coming from the team down the line. Although, personally, I'll be depressed until we get a night devoted to Mark-Paul Gosselaar's best work: Franklin and Bash.
(h/t Big League Stew)