For all available front office positions and internships within the Giants organization, please submit your resume as indicated below. If you would like to view and apply for any ticket sales related positions, please visit TeamWork Online by clicking the button below.
Ballpark A/V Operations Engineer
Reports To: Senior Vice President & Chief Information Officer
Department: Information Technology
The San Francisco Giants are seeking an experienced individual to deploy, support, and manage all audio-visual (A/V) equipment at AT&T Park and Scottsdale Stadium. This position will oversee the upkeep and maintenance of all A/V hardware and software pertaining to the in-ballpark presentation for Giants baseball and other events at both facilities. The ideal candidate should have experience working in a live broadcast environment with a strong understanding of the technologies involved in producing "the show" at a major entertainment venue.
- Collaborate with Game Entertainment team, SFG Productions and gameday staff to enhance the fan experience at AT&T Park and Scottsdale Stadium thru innovative A/V solutions
- Manage all A/V systems at both facilities, leveraging third-party vendors as needed for maintenance and support
- Provide onsite technical oversight of LED video displays and other A/V operations during all AT&T Park events
- Troubleshoot, repair and maintain ballpark LED screens (DiamondVision, fascia, 50/50, mini-ballpark, aux board)
- Maintain all hardware, software and supplies for AT&T Park scoreboard control room
- Establish/enforce policies and procedures for proper use of scoreboard control room equipment
- Ensure content is effectively delivered to all LED screens and TVs throughout AT&T Park and Scottsdale Stadium
- Oversee ballpark TV infrastructure, troubleshooting signal issues, coordinating repair/replacement of defective displays, maintaining spare inventory and defining requirements for new TV deployments
- Assist in identifying and developing innovative A/V platforms to enhance the game entertainment experience
- Troubleshoot and repair ballpark audio/speaker systems and identify opportunities for improvement
- Hire and manage A/V Operations Assistant to supplement audio-visual support capabilities/coverage
- Oversee in-house "SFG A/V" operation, providing basic A/V services for minor ballpark events
- Coordinate routing of all audio/video signals throughout AT&T Park and Scottsdale Stadium
- Update and maintain technical drawings related to A/V equipment and cable paths
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- 4+ years experience with video/matrix boards at a major entertainment venue
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or Engineering preferred
- Extensive knowledge of A/V systems; Mitusbishi LED experience a plus
- Ability to operate control room equipment (EVS, Chyron) and live production equipment rooms
- High level of energy and confidence to manage complex video projects/systems
- Ability to analyze problems, identify alternatives, assess consequences and implement recommendations
- Goal oriented, self-starter with strong work ethic
- Customer-oriented team player who is skilled at building consensus amongst a variety of internal constituents
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines in a fast paced, time-sensitive environment
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office tools (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Must be able to work non-traditional hours including nights and weekends, especially during baseball season
- Some travel required, primarily to/from the Giants' facilities in Scottsdale, Arizona
- Management and supervisory experience preferred
To apply, please submit to firstname.lastname@example.org your cover letter & resume in a PDF attachment. The name of the attachment should be your First and Last name. Refer to "FIT92024 - Ballpark A/V Operations Engineer" in the subject field. Deadline to apply is Friday, September 22, 2017.
Retail Buyer - Women's and Kids Apparel
Reports To: Vice President, Retail Operations
Department: Retail Operations
Status: Full Time, Exempt
The San Francisco Giants Retail Operations department is looking for an experienced merchandise buyer responsible for merchandise planning, buying, and category management for all our Giants Dugout Stores including Spring Training.
- Responsible for the merchandise development, purchasing, pricing and profit margin expectations within the assigned categories
- Assist and review in development of new and carryover product, product analysis, competitive and sales trends
- Coordinate development of signage (new, specials and markdowns) and all in store collateral
- Responsible for the financial accountability, achieving sales plan, profit margin, merchandise turnover and growth of business for respective buying category
- Meet with vendors and negotiate purchasing incentives such as additional discounts, co-op advertising dollars and product exclusivity
- Ability to analyze sales reports to update forecasts and execute transfers and markdowns on a timely basis
- Ability to monitor rate of sale, and adjust replenishment flow accordingly
- Review category receiving reports and packing lists and approve invoices for payment
- Responsible for inventory control management
- Communication with Accounting, branch managers and event staff as needed
- Ability to develop potential concept shops with vendors with the intent to drive sales & highlight/support partnerships
- Develop strategy and manage categories for Spring Training
- Periodic warehouse and store visits
- System maintenance, accuracy and upkeep for respective areas
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree in a related field
- 3+ years mid to high level retail buying experience
- Minimum of 3 years product development skills required
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, strong leadership skills required
- Excellent organization and planning skills, strong attention to detail required
- Experience with Retail Pro POS system preferred
- Ability to thrive in a team environment and contribute to departmental initiatives
- Strong negotiation, problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to identify trends in the market and think strategically
- Obtaining feedback from stores to improve product and add to collections
- Manage vendor relationship to include product selection, negotiation, communication and partnership development
- Strong Excel, Word and Database experience
- Must be able to work non-traditional hours including nights and weekends
- Must be able to travel as needed
To apply, please submit to email@example.com your cover letter & resume in a PDF attachment. The name of the attachment should be your First and Last name. Refer to "FRO09925 - Retail Buyer - Women's and Kids Apparel" in the subject field. Deadline to apply is September 22, 2017.
Baseball Operations Analyst
Reports To: Coordinator of Baseball Systems
Department: Baseball Operations
The San Francisco Giants are seeking an Analyst to join the Baseball Operations department. This individual will be part of the analytics team and provide research and analysis to support front office, player development, and scouting staffs. This position will also work closely with the application development team to design and develop statistical models and tools using advanced data sources within new and existing applications. The ideal candidate will possess strong analytical skills, the ability to communicate effectively to non-technical people, and both passion and intellectual curiosity for the game of baseball.
- Provide statistical analysis and quantitative research to support Baseball Operations staff
- Research, design, and test predictive and statistical models using data and technology to support all aspects of Baseball Operations
- Collaborate with application development team to design and integrate analytic tools into existing baseball information system
- Maintain understanding of new public baseball research and emerging statistical tools, as well as all potential vendor data/technology options
- Communicate analysis to Baseball Operations staff effectively
Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in computational field, such as statistics, engineering, computer science, or applied math
- Proficiency with SQL and relational databases (Microsoft SQL preferred)
- Strong quantitative abilities, attention to detail, and existing knowledge of baseball analytics
- Experience with additional programming languages (e.g. R, Python) is strongly preferred
- Understanding of statistical modeling and machine learning techniques
- Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate comfortably and professionally at all levels
- Passion for baseball, intellectual curiosity, and understanding of sabermetric concepts
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, holidays, and travel as needed by the baseball calendar
- High level playing experience is a plus
To apply, please submit to firstname.lastname@example.org your cover letter & resume in a PDF attachment. The name of the attachment should be your First and Last name. Refer to "FBO44524 - Baseball Operations Analyst" in the subject field. Deadline to apply is September 22, 2017.
Department: SFG Productions/Marketing
Reports To: Manager, Media Management and Video Technology
Status: Part-Time, Hourly/Non-Exempt
The Digital Asset Coordinator is responsible for organizing, cataloging, and transcribing all digital media assets for SFG Productions. They will also fulfill internal and external footage requests. They will support the day-to-day technical maintenance and operation of all asset management databases, workstations, file servers, and digital archives.
- Organize, transcode, and log all video footage in timely manner, including detailed transcriptions of interviews
- Manage all requests for video footage for SFG Productions. Effectively interfacing with requestors ranging from internal departments at the Giants to external clients.
- Anticipate all future needs that may be required by SFG Productions and create workflow strategies to support those needs
- Develop and enforce best practices for use of transcoding and digital delivery tools
- Create and maintain documentation for current and new workflows
- Assist on large projects and new workflows from a technical perspective
- Troubleshoot and track technical issues through to resolution. Take corrective action to mitigate potential and ongoing issues.
- Provide support to SFG Productions as required
- Bachelor's Degree in Broadcasting or Computer Science preferred
- Strong working knowledge and hands-on experience with content processing and delivery fundamentals including but not limited to transcoding, asset management, storage, naming conventions, digital delivery technologies, video compression etc.
- Avid Interplay PAM and Media Composer experience required
- 3+ years in a professional production environment
- Knowledge of digital cinema cameras and codecs
- Flexible schedule and ability to work Giants home games
- Familiar with baseball and the San Francisco Giants
- Must be decisive, accurate and specific, true to deadlines, helpful in attitude, and resilient in ever-changing timelines
To apply, please submit to email@example.com your resume and cover letter in one PDF attachment. The name of the attachment should be your First and Last name.
Refer to "PM51523 - Digital Asset Coordinator, SFG Productions" in the subject field. Deadline to apply is September 22, 2017
50/50 Raffle Team Member
Department: Giants Community Fund
Reports to: Development Coordinator
Status: Part-Time, Seasonal, Non-Exempt
Duration: March - October 2017
The Giants Community Fund, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, is looking for dependable, enthusiastic, highly-motivated, and hard-working individuals to sell 50/50 Raffle tickets during Giants home games. Proceeds from the Raffle will benefit the charitable efforts of the Giants Community Fund. During last year's inaugural season of the Raffle program, the Community Fund was able to raise over $1.4 million.
The raffle tickets will be sold in the ballpark from gates open (2 hours before first pitch) through the end of the 6th inning. The 50/50 Raffle Team Members must be available 2.5 hours before first pitch and available after the Raffle closes.
- Effectively communicate and educate fans about the 50/50 Raffle program
- Encourage fans to purchase raffle tickets
- Facilitate raffle ticket sales via electronic handheld device, following program requirements
- Patrol assigned area to promote raffle sales
- Balance tickets sold and cash received at designated times and after Raffle closes
- Answer questions regarding the 50/50 Raffle, Giants Community Fund and Junior Giants Program
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Excellent cash handling ability
- Superior customer service and sales skills
- Comfortable approaching and interacting with fans and selling in front of large crowds
- Understand the timing, etiquette and pace of baseball
- Detail oriented and organized with the ability to work efficiently in a demanding environment
- Regularly required to walk long distances, climb up/down stairs and stand for long periods of time
- Must be 18 years of age or older by start date of employment
- Must be available to work the majority of Giants home games
- Work non-traditional hours on weeknights, weekends and holidays according to the Giants home schedule
To apply, please submit to firstname.lastname@example.org your resume in one PDF attachment. The name of the attachment should be your First and Last name. Refer to "PCF59230 - 50/50 Raffle Team Member" in the subject field. No phone calls please.
Locations: AT&T Park, Stanford, Embarcadero, Stonestown, Valley Fair, Union Square, Walnut Creek and Hillsdale
Position Type: Part-time (20-30 hours per week)
Sales Associate will provide excellent customer service, assist with merchandise and support all store operation duties.
- Customer service in finding and selecting Giants merchandise
- Assist customers by answering questions and addressing concerns
- Handling cash transactions, providing customer change, processing credit cards purchases and gift card sales
- Lift and move merchandise, including receiving and restocking merchandise, as necessary
- Maintain merchandise presentation and housekeeping standards
- Maintain a friendly environment to encourage a positive customer experience
- Contribute to the team's working environment by adhering to the company's policies and procedures.
- Communicate with retail personnel regarding any customer needs or issues
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by retail supervisors
- Required to stand, crouch, kneel, lift and/or move up to 20 lbs., and climb ladders as needed
Knowledge of Skills Required:
- Retail sales experience preferred
- Enthusiastic and upbeat personality
- Self motivated, friendly, professional, responsible and dependable
- Ability to work as a team player to accomplish store sales goals
- Ability to communicate effectively in a timely manner with retail personnel and retail supervisors
- Must be able to work and thrive in a high paced, high transaction and high energy environment
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including nights and weekends
Please e-mail resume email@example.com and refer to "Sales Associates" and the store location you would like to be considered for in the subject field.
Operations Crew Member
Reports To: Event Operations Manager
Department: Giants Enterprises
The San Francisco Giants are recruiting for Operations Crew Members for our Giants Enterprises team. Crew members will help with the set up and take down of equipment for non-baseball events in a safe and clean manner. Work closely with various departments within the Giants Organization in order to successfully put on events.
- Will work with Supervisor setting up and taking down equipment and furniture used for events
- Make changes to floor plans if requested by client or event supervisor
- Provide hands on support for project throughout facility
- Customer service clients and guests during events
- Operate baseball pitching machines during selected events.
- Assist with client and vendor load-in/load-out for selected events.
- Maintain and monitor furniture and equipment storage areas
- Valid Driver's License
- Ability to multi task, punctual and presentable
- Must be able to work flexible hours and variable schedules, including nights and weekends
- 1+ years' experience in relevant field
- Event set up and forklift experience a plus
- Required to stand, crouch, kneel, lift and/or move up to 60 lbs., and climb ladders as needed
To apply, please submit to firstname.lastname@example.org your resume in a PDF attachment. The name of the attachment should be your First and Last name. Refer to "PGE81532 - Operation Crew Member" in the subject field
Maintenance Event Staff
Department: Ballpark Operations
Reports To: Director of Maintenance
Provide full service maintenance throughout the ballpark during events and baseball games.
- Keep assigned restrooms stocked and clean at all times may include ramps, escalators, and concourse areas
- Cleaning public restrooms defecting toilets, counter tops, wall spot in stalls and petitions, sweep and mop.
- Respond to any spills and/or any other cleaning-related duties when dispatched accordingly.
- Each employee must empty waste baskets, vacuum, dust, and clean windows in each assigned suite.
- Carpet maintenance: shampooing steam cleaning and vacuuming
- Floor maintenance: stripping waxing and buffing floors
- 1 year Janitorial or porter experience
- Customer service experience
- Organized, self-motivated, quick learner, with excellent work ethic
- Required to stand, crouch, kneel, lift and/or move up to 20 lbs., and climb ladders as needed
To apply, please submit to email@example.com your resume in a PDF attachment. The name of the attachment should be your First and Last name. Refer to "PBO31012- Maintenance Event Staff" in the subject field.
Department: Ballpark Operations
Reports To: Manager, Security
Duration: 2017 Baseball Season (Approximately April-October)
Status: Seasonal, Part-Time/Hourly
The Security Guard helps maintain a safe and secure environment at AT&T Park for all guest and employees by patrolling and monitoring various premises in and around the Ballpark. Help process fans through magnetometers for baseball games and other events at the facility.
- Safeguards guests, employees and AT&T Park and surrounding premises by insuring proper security protocols as being followed.
- Process guest quickly and efficiently through magnetometers, using a handwand when necessary
- Monitor and control the movement of visitors and contractors entering and leaving the various entrances of AT&T Park and surrounding premises
- Patrols areas assigned and ensure safety of all guests and employees.
- Observe and report unusual or suspicious activity at AT&T Park.
- Be familiar with the layout of AT&T Park, including exit points, stairwells and surrounding premises
- Ensure that unauthorized personnel and guests do not access restricted areas in AT&T Park.
- Aware of all current or special activities, functions for each particular game at time of duty.
- Exemplify excellent customer service at all times
- Must be at least 18 years or age of older.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of Security or law enforcement experience.
- Organized, punctual and a team player.
- Must understand, read, and be able to follow written instructions and follow verbal instructions.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department needs i.e. extended hours, weekends, nights and holidays
- Current/Valid Guard Card preferred
Please submit resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org and refer to "PBO31231-Security Guard" in the subject field.