The best ballpark in baseball is even better. Among the improvements fans will find at Safeco Field are new fan value options with ticketing and concessions, modifications to ballpark entry policies designed to make it quicker to get into games, expanded safety netting, and new food and beverage offering from Centerplate, the Mariners hospitality partner, and noted Seattle chef Ethan Stowell.
Improved Fan Value
- Deal of the Day - Each game will feature select concessions items available at a discount of up to 50% or more off the regular price. Items include $3 22oz Pepsi, $5 foot-long hot dogs, $4 pizza slices at select locations. Look for the Deal of the Day on Mariners social media and in-park announcements on game days. Check out the latest schedule of deals.
- $5 and $6 12oz beer is available at select locations including The 'Pen, Good Hops and Sultan of Suds stands, Lookout Landing and Hit It Here Café. Keep an eye on the Beer Finder section of the MLB Ballpark app for where to find it.
- Mariners Value Games, presented by BECU - 25 select games with $15 View/Bleacher and $30 Main Level tickets. Mix of weekends, holidays, weeknights. BECU Value Nights replaces previous discount programs such as Half-Price Nights and Family Nights.
- Fans are now permitted to bring into Safeco Field one 32oz or smaller clear plastic water bottle per person. The bottle must be sealed. If the seal is broken, it must be dumped out or surrendered at the gate. Beverages in open containers, such as coffee cups, are still banned.
Improved Ballpark Entry
In response to fan feedback, several changes have been made to help speed up the process of getting into the ballpark.
- Two CLEAR lanes and free registration kiosks for expedited entry.
- Additional entry points with walk-through metal detectors.
- Improved exterior signage and increased staffing outside gates.
- Stricter enforcement of existing Major League Baseball security restrictions on bag size.
- No knives of any size or type will be permitted.
- No re-entry.
- Fans will be permitted to bring in one 32oz sealed, clear plastic water bottle per person.
CLEAR Lanes and free enrollment kiosks will be available at Safeco Field at Home Plate Gate and Left Field Gate. After a free, five minute enrollment, guests can begin using the CLEAR Lane immediately. Enrolled fans can bring with them through the CLEAR Lane one adult guest and children under 18, as long as they all have valid game tickets. All guests will still go through bag screening and a metal detector. Guests who already have CLEAR membership for access to airports or sports venues are able to use CLEAR Lanes at Safeco Field without any additional steps. Access to the CLEAR airport experience is not included with the free registration, but can be added to your account online or at any CLEAR airport location.
Additional Points of Entry
For games expected to draw large crowds, additional entry points with walk-through metal detectors can be added around Safeco Field. These additional gates can expand ingress capacity by up to 20%.
Increased Staffing & Improved Signage
New signage that provides information to fans about prohibited items, bag size restrictions and metal detector procedures is being added outside gates. Additional Mariners event staff will be stationed outside the ballpark pregame to direct fans to gates with shorter lines and help guests prepare to go through metal detectors more quickly by removing cellphones, car keys and change from pockets.
Bag Size Restrictions
Per MLB regulations, only bags 16" x 16" x 8" or smaller are permitted inside Safeco Field. Guests will be able to check their bags for size outside the gates. Oversized bags will not be allowed inside the ballpark. Staff members will be proactive intercepting guests with oversized bags before they get to gates. A paid locker service will be available on game days.
No Claim Check for Knives
No knives, regardless of size or type, are allowed inside Safeco Field. In the past, guests could check their knives to be claimed later. Guests will now have the option of returning the banned item to their vehicle, stowing it in a paid locker, or surrendering it at the gate. No claim check service will be provided.
In 2017, the Mariners were one of only eight MLB teams that allowed re-entry. Guests were permitted to scan in and out multiple times with the same ticket, which added to congestion at entry screening locations. Eliminating re-entry will reduce the number of guest screenings per game, speeding up the entry process for everyone. This change brings the Mariners in line with MLB's recommended best practices for improved guest safety. Exceptions will be made in case of emergency.
Fans will now be permitted to bring one clear, plastic water bottle into Safeco Field. Bottles must be sealed and cannot be larger than 32 ounces. Oversized bottles or those with broken seals must be surrendered or emptied at the gate. Beverages in open containers, such as coffee cups, are still banned.
As is the case each and every year, we have a lot of new food at the ballpark for 2018. There's something for everyone.
The Sultan of Sandwich - Main Level, Section 105
In addition to the delicious Prime Rib Sandwich we are adding a local pork meatball sandwich with house made red sauce and garlic spread with grated parmesan cheese and topped with shredded mozzarella. As well as a taste of Cuba with a Cubano, filled with pulled pork, ham and swiss cheese accompanied with our signature mojo sauce. Next on deck is the pride of the east coast, The Rueben Sandwich, stacked with corn beef, Swiss cheese, Sauerkraut, Thousand Island dressing and finished with stones ground mustard. The Rueben with also be available at section 328 in "Big Cheese".
Holy Smoke BBQ - Section 119 & 313
In 2018 this menu will be brought back to life with the addition of a beef "long bone" rib that would make Fred Flintstone jealous on a bed of slaw accompanied with your choice of Jack's sweet or spicy BBQ sauce. We will also add a rack of St. Louis Pork ribs also on a bed of slaw and choice of Jack's sweet or spicy BBQ sauce. This menu will feature the comfort of Buttermilk Biscuits and gravy.
Sound Seafood - Club Level Section 249
Introducing a new Lobster Roll. Includes lobster claw meat, garlic celery aioli and celery seed resting in a top split Kings Hawaii bun.
On Deck Donuts - Section 136 Hall of Fame Area
For the dessert lovers in your family we are proud to introduce On Deck Donut's. These little bites of heaven with have chef's choice of your favorite dipping sauces and toppings.
Bistro - Club Level 216
The Club Bistro will debut 3 new sandwich options this year that you will have the option to heat up on our warm press. The Turkey Provolone with a Greenleaf lettuce, a garlic rosemary spread, and a hero mix on focaccia bread. The Mortadella Sandwich will include pistachio pesto, tomato, and the hero mix as well on focaccia bread. For the vegetarian lover we also have an option available with zucchini, yellow squash , red onions, red peppers, and eggplant topenade on a dark fiber wheat bread.
Jacks BBQ in the 'Pen - The 'Pen
Jack Timmons grew up in Texas and has lived in Seattle for the last 2 decades. In 2012, he attended BBQ Summer Camp at the Meat Sciences department of Texas A&M, then toured many historic barbecue temples of Central Texas. Returning to Seattle, he bought an offset smoker, imported some post oak, mesquite and hickory, and started the Seattle Brisket Experience.
After more than a year of practicing the art of barbecue, and serving old-school, succulent smoked meats to thousands of Northwest BBQ fans at BBQ raves, Jack opened a restaurant in the SoDo region of Seattle - Jack's BBQ.
Jacks will bring items from his signature restaurant such as Beef Brisket and Pork Sandwich, Chili Sausage Dog, Beef Burnt Ends, Frito Pie, Smoked Corn Dogs and Hush Puppies. All accompanied with his signature Jack's sweet or spicy BBQ sauce.
Ding Tai Fung - Section 132
Din Tai Fung was founded in Taipei, Taiwan in 1958 as a cooking oil retail shop. In 1972, it transitioned into a full fledged restaurant specializing in soup dumplings and noodles. The restaurant was soon winning rave reviews from all over the world.
Ding Tai Fung's menu will include Pork Buns, Veggie Buns, Garlic String Beans, Chicken Fried Rice, Wontons with Spicy Sauce, Wonton Soup, Hot and Sour Soup and Boba Milk Tea.
Additional Beverages - Various Locations
For 2018 we have added a few beverage options to Safeco Field's already award winning selection. Including bourbon barrel aged wines to several new varieties of beer from Seattle brewing superstars, we will be offering these new beverage choices throughout the ballpark.
- 16oz Can: Arnold Palmer, Hop Valley Devine Shine, Kona Big Wave, Sam Adams '76
- 19.2oz Can: St. Archer, Founders All Day IPA, Oskar Blues Dales Pale Ale
- 24oz Can: Jalisco, Sol
- 25oz Can: 10 Barrel Pub
- Draft: Sierra Nevada Hazy Lil Thing, Kona Hanalei, 10 Barrel Apocalypse, Elysian Avatar Jasmine, No-Li Big Juicy, Maritime Imperial