Current openings for Internship Opportunities:
Baseball Analytics Intern
Job Title: Baseball Analytics Intern
Department: Baseball Operations
Reports To: Director, Baseball Analytics
Status: Part-time, Nonexempt
Dates: Start and end dates are flexible; preference will be given to candidates who can start by February 1, 2018
Primary Objective: Support the analytics team through statistical modeling, research, and other assigned projects.
- Perform statistical modeling and analysis of a variety of data sources including Statcast, Trackman and proprietary data sets
- Perform ad hoc queries and quantitative research
- Support Baseball Operations in assigned game-day duties
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or pursuing a bachelor's degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science, engineering, or other related field. Equivalent, relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of formal education if approved by management.
- Previous experience with R or Python required.
Competencies, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA's):
- Strong technical skills in predictive modeling
- Ability to apply technical skills and knowledge to produce original baseball research
- Ability to analyze and understand data sets including pitch level data, hit vector data, and biomechanical data
- Self-motivated with a high degree of integrity; takes personal responsibility for getting things done in a way that positively and professionally represents the organization
- Demonstrated initiative; thinks creatively and takes actions that create a positive outcome for the team
There are not currently any Internship Opportunities available. Please check back soon.