Current openings for Internship Opportunities:
Fan Engagement Internship Program
Fan Engagement Interns will receive practical training and experience while gaining an understanding of how the Sales Department of a Major League Baseball team operates. You will work within the Sales Strategy Team, assisting with the ideation and execution of sales and marketing initiatives in an ongoing effort to increase ticket sales. You will help develop marketing collateral, plan and conduct sales events, and assist in operational sales efforts. We are looking for a dedicated individual who has the enthusiasm and focus needed to work day-to-day with our sales team. You will have the opportunity to be exposed to our business, develop your professional skills, and obtain valuable experience in the sports industry.
What You Will Do
- Assist with sales processes and operations to drive ticket sales and customer retention.
- Support sales event planning and fulfillment.
- Develop and design sales marketing materials.
- Perform ongoing daily and weekly processes to support key sales department functions.
- Work directly with Sales Management team to develop and execute Group Event sales initiatives.
- Opportunity to create new sales strategies and oversee implementations.
- Regularly participate in game day event duties and consistently deliver exceptional customer experiences in-person, over the phone and via e-mail.
- Assist with preparation of Premium, Fan Engagement and retention programs to enhance fan experiences.
- Assume other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
How You Will Do It
- Plan and Organize: Prioritize and plan tasks and projects. Use time efficiently. Set goals and objectives. Develop realistic action plans.
- Demonstrate Confidence: Exercise strong interpersonal skills. Effectively communicate and make recommendations to improve sales processes and operations. Create and build positive and productive relationships.
- Problem Solve: Identify and resolve problems promptly. Gather and analyze information skillfully. Develop alternative solutions. Work well in group problem-solving situations.
- Collaborate: Effectively build and maintain partnerships with co-workers and other departments. Contribute to the success of the team and organization. Maintain flexibility and react to change appropriately. Communicate and share information with candor that builds trust and enhances relationships.
- Attention to Detail: Ability to work with high focus and accuracy. To demonstrate, please mention your favorite ballpark food item in your HireVue application.
What You Have
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in Business, Marketing, Sales, Hospitality, Sport Management or similar field, or be enrolled at an accredited four-year college or university pursuing a degree.
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to articulate messages and information clearly and accurately. Excellent listening skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- General understanding of sales concepts and business.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment with defined performance metrics.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work with minimal oversight. Proven experience driving for extraordinary results.
- Ability to work well within a team environment, yet comfortable completing tasks independently.
- Self-starter with the ability to be creative within a structured environment.
- Ability to adhere to time and attendance policies and procedures.
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
This internship is intended to run from January 2019 through the end of the 2019 Mariners season, however, exceptions to start and end dates may be made on a case-by-case basis.
Our Part-Time Year Round Team Members Enjoy
- Business casual dress code
- Complimentary game tickets for select game dates
- Free on-site parking in Safeco Field garage
- Transportation benefits
- Mariners Team Store merchandise discount
Seattle Mariners Baseball Analytics Intern
Position: Seattle Mariners Baseball Analytics Intern
Location: Safeco Field, Seattle WA
We are seeking an individual with a background in statistical analysis and a passion for baseball. The position will work directly alongside the analytics team on a wide range of projects, providing ample opportunity to directly impact front office decision-making. Start and end dates are flexible, and we will consider applicants who are available for only the summer of 2019, but preference for candidates that can start by Feb 1, 2019.
- Statistical modeling and analysis of a variety of data sources including Statcast, Trackman and proprietary data sets
- Ad hoc queries and quantitative research
- Various game-day duties and support for all departments within Baseball Operations
- A strong foundation in mathematics, statistics, computer science and/or engineering.
- Proficient with either R or Python
- Track record of original baseball research
- Experience with any of pitch level data, hit vector data, biomechanical data
- Experience with predictive modeling
While many candidates are no doubt capable, we desire a skillset that can impact, innovate and add value immediately.
This position is compensated.
To apply, please follow this link.