Everyone has been missing their favorite foods from the ballpark this season, but now thanks to Stella Artois, baseball fans can savor these stadium bites together from home. Stella‘s “A Cut Above” cooking series teaches fans how to recreate the recipes with an elevated twist. Next up in the series
Everyone has been missing their favorite foods from the ballpark this season, but now thanks to Stella Artois, baseball fans can savor these stadium bites together from home. Stella‘s “A Cut Above” cooking series teaches fans how to recreate the recipes with an elevated twist. Next up in the series is the Cubano Sandwich, inspired by the dish at Miami's Marlins Park. Enjoy it socially distanced with your favorite baseball fans.
Total Time: 4 ½ hours
2 each French roll or Cuban bread
2 lb boneless pork butt
½ cup olive oil
1 tbsp fresh orange zest
½ cup fresh orange juice
3 tbsp fresh lime juice
¾ cup cilantro, chopped
1 tbsp fresh oregano, chopped
6 garlic cloves, minced
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp Kosher salt
¼ lb honey ham, deli sliced
¼ lb swiss cheese, deli sliced
6 dill pickles slices
¼ cup whole grain mustard
1 stick butter, diced
1) Preheat oven to 375. For pork: Place olive oil, orange zest, orange juice, lime juice, cilantro, oregano, garlic, cumin and salt in blender or robo coupe. Blend to smooth. Cover pork and marinate 1 hour (marinating overnight yields a more flavorful pork).
2) Place the pork in a baking dish with remaining marinade and cover with foil. Bake in the oven for 2-2 ½ hours, occasionally checking for tenderness. When the pork is tender, remove the foil, turn the oven up to 425 and bake for another 15 min. Remove pork from the oven and cool.
3) To assemble: Slice sandwich bread in half lengthwise and spread mustard on both sides. Place sliced pork on the bottom half followed by ham, pickles and swiss cheese. Top with the top half and press down with your palms.
4) Heat butter in a nonstick skillet over medium heat until the butter begins bubbling. Place the sandwiches in the butter and place another skillet or heavy flat-bottomed item on top pressing down. After 3-4 minutes, flip over the sandwich and repeat the process until the cheese has started melting.
5) Remove from pan and slice in half.
• Follow StellaArtoisUSA on Instagram