To begin the season, attendance for select games will be limited to 20% of the capacity of Citi Field. Each guest in attendance, ages three (3) years and older, will be required to show a COVID-19 test with negative results or provide proof of a COVID-19 vaccination. Please note the required timeframes associated with each option so you can plan ahead accordingly.
COVID-19 Vaccination: What if I can provide proof that I have received a COVID-19 vaccine? Do I still need to present a negative COVID-19 test result?
No. Per New York State guidelines, guests that can present documentation proving that they have been vaccinated against COVID-19 do not need to also present a negative COVID-19 test result. Guests must be fully vaccinated, which means the day of your game must be at least 14 days after your second dose of the Pfizer or Moderna COVID-19 vaccine or at least 14 days after your single dose of the Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine. COVID-19 vaccinated guests need to provide proof of vaccination in the form of the CDC vaccination card issued or a record of vaccination from the healthcare provider who administered the vaccine. Printed COVID-19 vaccination documentation or proof of documentation displayed on your iPhone or Android phone will be accepted.
What are the COVID-19 testing requirements for attending a game at Citi Field?
Upon arrival at Citi Field, guests need to present proof from a healthcare provider of a negative PCR COVID-19 test taken within 72 hours of the day of the game or proof of a negative COVID-19 antigen test taken within six (6) hours of the game’s scheduled start time. For example, if a game is on a Wednesday at 7:10 p.m., the PCR COVID-19 test can be taken any time beginning on Sunday morning; the COVID-19 antigen test can be taken any time beginning at 1:10 p.m. on the day of the game. Printed test results or results displayed on your iPhone or Android phone will be accepted.
What kind of COVID-19 test do I have to take?
Per New York State guidelines, guests must take either a PCR COVID-19 test or a COVID-19 rapid antigen test. No other type of COVID-19 test will be accepted. Upon arrival at Citi Field, guests must show proof from a healthcare provider of a negative PCR COVID-19 test taken within 72 hours of the day of the game they are attending or proof of a negative COVID-19 rapid antigen test taken within six (6) hours of the scheduled start time of the game they are attending.
|Game Day & Date||Time||Opponent||PCR COVID-19 Test Beginning Date||COVID-19 Antigen Test Beginning Date & Time||Vaccination Date|
|Thursday, April 8||1:10 p.m.||Miami Marlins||Monday, April 5||Thursday, April 8 at 7:10 a.m.||Thursday, March 25|
|Saturday, April 10||1:10 p.m.||Miami Marlins||Wednesday, April 7||Saturday, April 10 at 7:10 a.m.||Saturday, March 27|
|Sunday, April 11||1:10 p.m.||Miami Marlins||Thursday, April 8||Sunday, April 11 at 7:10 a.m.||Sunday, March 28|
|Monday, April 12||7:10 p.m.||Philadelphia Phillies||Friday, April 9||Monday, April 12 at 1:10 p.m.||Monday, March 29|
|Tuesday, April 13||7:10 p.m.||Philadelphia Phillies||Saturday, April 10||Tuesday, April 13 at 1:10 p.m.||Tuesday, March 30|
|Wednesday, April 14||7:10 p.m.||Philadelphia Phillies||Sunday, April 11||Wednesday, April 14 at 1:10 p.m.||Wednesday, March 31|
|Thursday, April 15||12:10 p.m.||Philadelphia Phillies||Monday, April 12||Thursday, April 15 at 6:10 a.m.||Thursday, April 1|
|Friday, April 23||7:10 p.m.||Washington Nationals||Tuesday, April 20||Friday, April 23 at 1:10 p.m.||Friday, April 9|
|Saturday, April 24||4:05 p.m.||Washington Nationals||Wednesday, April 21||Saturday, April 24 at 10:05 a.m.||Saturday, April 10|
|Sunday, April 25||1:10 p.m.||Washington Nationals||Thursday, April 22||Sunday, April 25 at 7:10 a.m.||Sunday, April 11|
|Tuesday, April 27||7:10 p.m.||Boston Red Sox||Saturday, April 24||Tuesday, April 27 at 1:10 p.m.||Tuesday, April 13|
|Wednesday, April 28||6:40 p.m.||Boston Red Sox||Sunday, April 25||Wednesday, April 28 at 12:40 p.m.||Wednesday, April 14|
Guests may choose any healthcare provider that offers PCR COVID-19 testing or COVID-19 antigen testing to complete their pre-game testing. Please note that any costs for COVID-19 testing should be paid directly to the healthcare provider. Guests should consult their insurance provider to determine actual costs.
The Mets have teamed up with the following providers to offer guests pre-game testing options:
BioReference Laboratories, Inc.
- Gameday testing at Citi Field is now available, by appointment only, through BioReference Laboratories. At a cost of $29.95, rapid antigen tests are performed at the ballpark with test results available by email and online approximately 30 minutes after your test is complete. Click here to schedule a rapid COVID-19 test at Citi Field.
- BioReference Laboratories offers a safe and easy way to be tested for COVID-19 through its NY Forward Rapid Test Program. The NY Forward Rapid Test Program is a public-private partnership designed to offer affordable and convenient rapid testing across New York State. At a cost of $29.95 per test, these rapid antigen tests are available at convenient sites throughout New York City and NY State, including at select CVS Pharmacy locations, with test results available online approximately 30 minutes after your test is complete. Visit the NY Forward website to schedule a rapid COVID-19 test.
- As a reminder, rapid antigen tests must be completed within six (6) hours of the scheduled start time of the game you are attending.
- Ambulnz offers ticket buyers a gameday COVID antigen test (approximately 15 minute turnaround) for $30 administered at a site conveniently located close to Citi Field. Click here to schedule a gameday antigen test.
- Quest Diagnostics is teaming up with the Mets to offer ticket buyers affordable COVID-19 testing options at dedicated collection sites to help get fans back into the stands. An antigen test (30 minute turnaround time) costs $30 and a PCR test (24-72 hour turnaround time) costs $64.
- Click here to see antigen or PCR testing options and the list of dedicated collection sites near you.
Vault Health can provide ticket holders with a simple, FDA-authorized, saliva-based PCR COVID-19 test at a cost of $119 - that can be taken at home:
- Once you purchase tickets, visit learn.vaulthealth.com/mets where you will find detailed information, including how to request a test.
- Vault Health will overnight the test directly to your home.
- You will then need to complete the test under video supervision by a medical professional and return it overnight to Vault Health to ensure the test can be promptly processed, and results are received on or before the day of the game.
To plan your pre-game testing with Vault Health, please refer to the event schedule at learn.vaulthealth.com/mets for important timing guidelines so that you’re able to receive, take and send back your test in time to have your results on or before the day of your game.
How will I need to present my COVID-19 test results?
Guests may utilize Health Pass by CLEAR to confirm your COVID-19 test for the game. Health Pass is a free service on the CLEAR mobile app that allows you to link your COVID-19 test results for seamless entry. Download the CLEAR app before game day and enroll here to have your Health Pass ready before the game. All you’ll need is a government-issued ID and your lab provider login. Be sure to complete your Health Pass before the game to show to ballpark security upon arrival. For more information on how to use Health Pass, click here.
Alternatively, a manual screening process will be available for guests who display test results on their iPhone or Android phone or present a printed copy. This process will require additional screening from security staff. Please note that your results document must be directly from the healthcare provider that performed the test.
How will I need to present my COVID-19 vaccination documentation?
Guests may either display vaccination documentation on your iPhone or Android phone or present a printed copy. Please note that your vaccination documentation must be in the form of the CDC card issued or a record of vaccination directly from the healthcare provider who administered the vaccine.
What if I test positive during the requisite COVID-19 testing window?
Individual ticket holders who test positive for COVID-19 during the applicable COVID-19 testing window (i.e., within 72 hours prior to the applicable game) may request a refund or account credit in an amount equal to the established price of the applicable game ticket originally purchased from the New York Mets. In order to be eligible for a refund or account credit, the individual ticket holder must accurately complete and submit the required request form prior to the end of the applicable game. Refunds or account credits will only be issued to the individual ticket holder of record and to the original method of payment. Individual ticket holders that submit a request form during the period beginning after the end of the applicable game and ending two (2) days following the applicable game will not be eligible to receive a refund or account credit and will be subject to the New York Mets Rain Check Policy.
For more information or to secure a Request Form, please email [email protected] with your full name, account information, contact telephone number, game date and copy of your mobile ticket and a ticket representative contact you via email.
Ticket holders who purchased tickets on the secondary market are not eligible for a refund or credit from the New York Mets and should contact the reseller directly.
Questions? Please call (718) 507-TIXX or email [email protected].
Please note: Backpacks may not be brought into Citi Field except as otherwise provided in the Citi Field Bag Policy. For a complete list of permitted bags please click the Read More button below.