Jorge Mateo tripled and scored a run and Sheldon Neuse collected two hits to back a strong outing by Heath Fillmyer and help Double-A Midland stay alive with 2-0 win over Tulsa in Game 3 of the Texas League finals.
Starting in a must-win game after Midland dropped the first two games of the series, Fillmyer, Oakland's No. 19 prospect, allowed just three hits en route to completing five scoreless innings. The 23-year-old right-hander threw 49 of his 84 pitches for strikes as he issued three walks, hit one batter and struck out four.
MILB Video - Title: Fillmyer works out of jam with K - Url: http://www.milb.com/r/video?content_id=1835079783
MILB Video - Title: Schrock's RBI groundout - Url: http://www.milb.com/r/video?content_id=1835079583
Neuse, No. 14 on the A's Top 30 Prospects list, was the only RockHounds player to tally multiple hits in the victory, going 2-for-3 with a pair of singles. He's now batting .636 in the series and .355 in the postseason overall.
The rest of the best performances from top prospects Friday
• No. 7 overall prospect Brendan Rodgers (Rockies' No. 1) hit a double and walked in a 1-for-3 performance as Class A Advanced Lancaster's season came to an end with a 7-1 loss against Modesto. Garrett Hampson (No. 8) accounted for the JetHawks' lone run in the contest, going 2-for-4 with a double and an RBI single.
• No. 16 overall prospectWilly Adames (Rays' No. 2) hit an RBI double and scored a run to finish 2-for-5 and help Triple-A Durham secure the Governors' Cup with a 6-4 win over Scranton. No. 77 overall prospect Jake Bauers (Rays' No. 5) went 1-for-5 in the contest, giving him at least one hit in each of Durham's eight playoff games. Overall, the 21-year-old outfielder-first baseman tied for the International League lead in the postseason with both a .393 average and 13 hits.
MILB Video - Title: Watch: Adames rips RBI double - Url: http://www.milb.com/r/video?content_id=1835167983
• After tallying multiple hits in four straight playoff games, No. 44 overall prospect Kyle Lewis (Mariners' No. 1) turned in a 1-for-4 performance as Class A Advanced Modesto won its first California League title since 2004 with an 8-1 win over Lancaster. The 22-year-old outfielder, Seattle's first-round Draft pick in 2016, finished the series with a .429 average and batted .392 over six playoff games.
Mariners No. 12 prospect Joe Rizzo, whom the Mariners drafted one round after Lewis, was named the series' Most Valuable Player after finishing 2-for-4 in his third straight multi-hit game. Overall, the 19-year-old third baseman batted .538 with four RBIs in the series.
• No. 92 overall prospectTyler O'Neill (Cardinals' No. 4) reached base three times as Triple-A Memphis fell to El Paso, 3-0, in Game 3 of the Pacific Coast League finals. He collected one the Redbirds' six hits in the contest, finishing 1-for-2 with two walks and a stolen base. Memphis still leads the best-of-five series, 2-1.
MILB Video - Title: O'Neill makes great catch - Url: http://www.milb.com/r/video?content_id=1835143183
• Red Sox No. 11 prospect Bobby Dalbec and Brett Netzer (No. 30) each tallied two hits including a double and combined for four RBIs and three runs as Class A Greenville locked up the South Atlantic League title with an 8-3 win over Kannapolis. Netzer's double, specifically, blew open the game for the Drive, as he delivered a two-out, bases-clearing two-bagger to cap a five-run sixth inning. He ultimately batted .429 with 12 hits and eight RBIs in the postseason, all tops among all South Atlantic League hitters.
MILB Video - Title: Dalbec smacks run-scoring double - Url: http://www.milb.com/r/video?content_id=1835128283
• Padres No. 12 prospectFranchy Cordero hit a solo home run and went 2-for-3 with two RBIs out of the leadoff spot to help power Triple-A El Paso past Memphis, 3-0, in a must-win Game 3 of the Pacific Coast League finals. It was the second straight multi-hit game for the 23-year-old outfielder, who carries a .375 postseason average into Game 4.
MILB Video - Title: Cordero's solo homer - Url: http://www.milb.com/r/video?content_id=1835031083
MILB Video - Title: Call delivers solo home run - Url: http://www.milb.com/r/video?content_id=1835106283