• Michael Pineda is continuing to work out at the Yankees' complex, and he is scheduled to throw a bullpen on Friday. Pineda is not expected to appear in a game this spring for the Yankees, but general manager Brian Cashman is hopeful that Pineda could be at the big league level in June.
• Yankees left-hander Boone Logan is scheduled to throw his first batting-practice session on Friday. Girardi said that the team has progressed slowly with Logan because he has had issues with injuries in previous springs.
• Kevin Youkilis (left oblique) fielded ground balls at third base and took batting practice on Thursday. Girardi said he would "sleep on it" to decide if Youkilis would return to the lineup on Friday or Saturday.
• The Yankees have been trying Dan Johnson at third base, considering him for a corner-infield role similar to the one filled in recent years by Eric Chavez. Girardi said Johnson has "done OK so far," but he noted that he hasn't had many plays at the hot corner yet.
• Yankees outfielders Slade Heathcott and Ronnier Mustelier collided in pursuit of Edwin Encarnacion's seventh-inning fly ball on Thursday. Both players spilled to the warning track but were uninjured, and Mustelier caught the ball. Heathcott said, "We kind of fit the other like a puzzle piece."