• Mark Teixeira (strained right hamstring) is working out at the Yankees' complex in Tampa, Fla. and will play three innings in a Minor League game on Wednesday. Teixeira has said that he hopes to be activated from the disabled list for Sunday's game against the Rays at Tropicana Field, the first day that he is eligible.
• Wednesday marked the eighth doubleheader in the history of the current Yankee Stadium. Two were played last season: on June 19 against the Dodgers, and on Aug. 20 against the Blue Jays.
• Tuesday's postponement means that the Yanks will need a starting pitcher for Sunday's game against the Rays. Left-hander Vidal Nuno seems to be one option, but manager Joe Girardi said that he is not ready to name a probable starter.
"It's going to depend on a lot of things. We'll figure it out when we get there," Girardi said.
• Wednesday marked the seventh doubleheader in the history of the current Yankee Stadium. Two were played last season: on June 19 against the Dodgers and on Aug. 20 against the Blue Jays.
• On this date in 2009, the Yankees played their first regular-season game at the current Yankee Stadium, a 10-2 loss to the Indians. CC Sabathia threw the first pitch, Johnny Damon recorded the first hit and Jorge Posada hit the first home run.
• The Yankees recalled right-hander Shane Greene from Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre between games of Wednesday's doubleheader. Greene will serve as the 26th man for Wednesday's second game and then will be returned to Scranton/Wilkes-Barre.