Travis Demeritte put together a perfect night at the plate, collecting two homers, a trio of hits and three RBIs as he led Double-A Mississippi to a 4-3 win over Jackson.
The Braves' No. 9 prospect went deep in each of his first two at-bats, his first two-homer game since he did so on April 7 and 8, 2016.
"I've put together some really good swings throughout the course of the year," Demeritte told MiLB.com. "I've made some solid contact, but I've been focused on rounding out my game and not focusing on home runs. It was nice to get that second one, not only to help the team but to help myself out, too."
MILB Video - Title: Demeritte powers another one - Url: http://www.milb.com/r/video?content_id=1462186183
After hitting solo homers in the first and fourth innings, Demeritte came up in the sixth with a chance for his first career three-homer day. Instead, Demeritte lined an RBI triple to right and scored the eventual winning run one batter later.
In his final trip to the plate, Demeritte worked an eight-pitch walk. He is now batting .263 through his first 52 games at the Double-A level.
Other top prospect performances from Saturday's action:
• No. 7 overall prospect Ozzie Albies (Braves' No. 1) wasted no time extending his hitting streak to nine games as he tripled to lead off the game for Triple-A Gwinnett. After scoring the first run of the game, Albies bookended the contest with a two-run homer, his third, in the top of the 11th to help send the Braves home as 6-4 winners over Indianapolis. Albies finished 2-for-5 with the two RBIs.
MILB Video - Title: Albies clouts a homer - Url: http://www.milb.com/r/video?content_id=1462275083
MILB Video - Title: Devers' 10th Double-A homer - Url: http://www.milb.com/r/video?content_id=1461657983
• No. 49 overall prospect Yohander Mendez (Rangers' No. 2) led Double-A Frisco to a win over Arkansas with his first career shutout (seven innings). The outing, Mendez's second scoreless start this season, was a nice rebound for the lefty after he gave up five runs in 6 2/3 innings in his last start. Mendez had strong control Saturday, firing 63 of his 92 pitches for strikes, walking one, fanning five and giving up just three hits.
MILB Video - Title: Mendez finishes complete game - Url: http://www.milb.com/r/video?content_id=1461805283
• No. 56 overall prospect Sean Reid-Foley (Blue Jays' No. 2) spun a gem as Double-A New Hampshire cruised to an 11-0 win over Hartford. Reid-Foley struck out eight and gave up five hits over six scoreless frames. The 21-year-old got off to a rough start but has seen his numbers improve as he continues to adjust in his first taste of the Double-A level.
MILB Video - Title: Reid-Foley gets eighth strikeout - Url: http://www.milb.com/r/video?content_id=1462058083
• No. 66 overall prospect Jake Bauers (Rays' No. 4), hit his sixth homer of the season as part of a 3-for-4 performance for Triple-A Durham. The game marked Bauers' third straight multi-hit performance and he's now 8-for-12 (.667) over his past three games, bringing his season average to .275 through 49 contests.
• After going hitless for five game (13 at-bats), Tigers No. 2 prospect Christin Stewart collected hits in both ends of Double-A Erie's doubleheader, finishing a combined 3-for-5 with three RBIs. Stewart went 2-for-3 with a double in Game 1 then capped his day with a two-run homer in Game 2.
MILB Video - Title: Stewart hits two-run shot - Url: http://www.milb.com/r/video?content_id=1461965983
• Mets No. 7 prospect Brandon Nimmo hit a grand slam as part of a 2-for-4 night in Triple-A Las Vegas' win over Reno. Nimmo singled and scored to give the 51s a 1-0 lead in the first then helped break the game open with a grand slam in the fourth.
MILB Video - Title: Watch: Nimmo smashes a grand slam - Url: http://www.milb.com/r/video?content_id=1463147383
• Blue Jays No. 9 prospect Bo Bichette extended his hitting streak to 13 games with a 4-for-5 effort for Class A Lansing. The four hits marked a career high for Bichette, who is batting .390 through 44 games in his full season debut. Bichette nearly went a perfect 5-for-5, but a diving catch robbed him of a hit in his final at-bat.
MILB Video - Title: Bichette collects fourth hit - Url: http://www.milb.com/r/video?content_id=1462235783
• Padres No. 11 prospect Michael Gettys has homered four times in two games for Class A Advanced Lake Elsinore. After hitting a trio of homers on Friday, Gettys went deep again Saturday, blasting a two-run shot in the fourth inning. The 21-year-old also hit a pair of singles to finish the game 3-for-5.
MILB Video - Title: Gettys jacks another - Url: http://www.milb.com/r/video?content_id=1462228783
• Astros No. 13 prospect J.D. Davis hit his 13th homer of the season and extended his hitting streak to eight games for Double-A Corpus Christi. Davis, 24, finished 3-for-5 and has six hits in his past 10 at-bats.
MILB Video - Title: Davis cracks solo shot - Url: http://www.milb.com/r/video?content_id=1461913983
• Tigers No. 15 prospectMyles Jaye pitched a seven-inning complete game and notched his first win of the season with Double-A Erie. Jaye, 25, walked one and gave up just three hits in the outing. He struck out four and threw 67 of his 102 pitches for strikes. Although Jaye's record sits at 1-4, he has thrown the ball well recently, having given up just two earned runs over his past three starts (18 innings).
MILB Video - Title: Jaye finishes the shutout - Url: http://www.milb.com/r/video?content_id=1461951883
"To be honest, I didn't really have my best stuff," Jaye told MiLB.com. "My slider wasn't nearly as sharp as it has been the last couple outings. But I was able to locate my fastball pretty well and get a lot of ground balls, and threw my curveball a lot for first-pitch strikes."