With just a couple of hours remaining until the First-Year Player Draft begins, the rumor mill was churning full-tilt.
With no word from the Houston Astros on who they would take at No.1 overall, there was considerable buzz they were going to go in a different direction. One possibility had them going with the Plan B option that has been written before: North Carolina third baseman Colin Moran. Another scenario had them going in a new direction with Texas high school right-hander Kohl Stewart. A high school right-hander has never been the first overall pick in the Draft.
Whoever they choose to pick, it will happen soon after 7 p.m. ET, an hour after the Draft preview show begins on MLB.com and MLB Network. Live Draft coverage from MLB Network's Studio 42 covers the top 73 picks, streamed on MLB.com and broadcast on MLB Network. Rounds 3-10 will be streamed live on MLB.com on Friday, beginning with a preview show at 12:30 p.m., and Rounds 11-40 will be streamed live on MLB.com on Saturday, starting at 1 p.m.
MLB.com's coverage includes Draft Central, the Top 100 Draft Prospects list and Draft Tracker, a live interactive application that includes a searchable database of Draft-eligible players. You can also keep up to date by following @MLBDraft on Twitter. And you can get into the Draft conversation by tagging your tweets with #mlbdraft.
Even with those possibilities being tossed around Draft rooms, this mock will stay the same at the top, without enough solid information to make a change. So, here's the very last mock of the 2013 Draft season, just a list of teams and names.
1. Astros: Jonathan Gray, RHP, Oklahoma
2. Cubs: Mark Appel, RHP, Stanford
3. Colorado Rockies: Kris Bryant, 3B, San Diego
4. Twins: Kohl Stewart, RHP, St. Pius X HS (Texas)
5. Cleveland Indians: Colin Moran, 3B, North Carolina
6. Marlins: Braden Shipley, RHP, Nevada
7. Red Sox: Clint Frazier, OF, Loganville HS (Ga.)
8. Royals: Phil Bickford, Oaks Christian HS (Calif.)
9. Pirates: Austin Meadows, OF, Grayson HS (Ga.)
10. Blue Jays: Trey Ball, LHP, New Castle HS (Ind.)
11. Mets: Reese McGuire, C, Kentwood HS (Wash.)
12. Mariners: J.P. Crawford, SS, Lakewood HS (Calif.)
13. Padres: Hunter Renfroe, OF, Mississippi State
14. Pirates: D.J. Peterson, 3B, New Mexico
15. Diamondbacks: Aaron Judge, OF, Fresno State
16. Phillies: Ian Clarkin, LHP, James Madison HS (Calif.)
17. White Sox: Dominic Smith, 1B, Serra HS (Calif.)
18. Dodgers: Tim Anderson, SS, East Central CC
19. Cardinals: Ryne Stanek, RHP, Arkansas
20. Tigers: Alex Gonzalez, RHP, Oral Roberts
21. Rays: Josh Hart, OF, Parkview HS (Ga.)
22. Orioles: Chris Anderson, RHP, Jacksonville
23. Rangers: Travis Demeritte, 3B, Winder Barrow HS (Ga.)
24. Athletics: Rob Kaminsky, LHP, St. Joseph Regional HS (N.J.)
25. Giants: Hunter Harvey, RHP, Bandys HS (N.C.)
26. Yankees: Eric Jagielo, 3B, Notre Dame
27. Reds: Nick Ciuffo, C, Lexington HS (S.C.)
28. Cardinals: Phillip Ervin, OF, Samford
29. Rays: Cody Reed, LHP, Northwest Mississippi CC
30. Rangers: Hunter Green, LHP, Warren East HS (Ky.)
31. Braves: Billy McKinney, OF, Plano West HS (Texas)
32. Yankees: Jon Denney, C, Yukon HS (Okla.)
33. Yankees: Jonathon Crawford, RHP, Florida
Jonathan Mayo is a reporter for MLBPipeline.com. Follow him on Twitter @JonathanMayo and Facebook, and listen to him on the weekly Pipeline Podcast.