It's National Free Shipping Day here in online shopping wonderland, which brings up the obvious question: If you could ship anything for a holiday gift in this final week, what would it be?
The obvious starting point is a Starter Jacket or a Starting Lineup Gift Set. Another place to start is the MLB.com Shop Virtual Catalog, which lists just about everything a Major League Baseball fan needs to be happy.
"Online is going to be the darling of the holiday shopping season," said Marshal Cohen, chief retail industry analyst at The NPD Group. "It may grow a little more than the 20 percent that was expected before the season began. The consumer is spending more time online trying to find deals."
The MLB.com Gift Guru is here to help you figure out what to ship for free. Here are our tips, and keep an eye on the Shop for each shipping deadline and in-stock descriptions:
1. Most everyone has a signed baseball that is just sitting around. Help someone display it properly with a Steiner Sports Glass Single Baseball Case featuring a team-logo background. There are two versions listed at $39.99 and $49.99, and the latter includes game-used dirt.
2. Wear a Mets Executive Crew from Antigua to Citi Field next season and watch Curtis Granderson and Bartolo Colon go to town with their new team.
3. Women's Holiday Pajamas: This set from Concepts Sport is only $29.99 and great for hibernating until pitchers and catchers report.
4. A&E Home Video Red Sox Commemoration Videos: Most popular gift of the season at the MLB.com Shop. The "Decade of Champions" is not complete without diving into the Boston title merchandise and choosing a single disc or a set.
5. New jerseys: See what new looks are coming for 2014 -- including the Authentic Jacoby Ellsbury No. 22 Home Jersey.
6. Filabuck Youth Sneakers: This has to be one of the best deals in the entire MLB.com Shop this holiday season. Hey, mom and dad, just $34.99 for a pair of these stylish kicks, which are perfect for your kid's classroom or just about anywhere. And the mascot slippers aren't so bad, either.
7. Sublimated Pint Glass Two-Pack: Toast the holidays in style with these dishwasher-safe glasses.
8. Wordmark Scarf: Page 20 of the catalog features plenty of garments to help you through a cold winter without baseball, and this or the '47 Brand Breakaway Scarf will keep you snuggly.
9. Authentic Collection Double & Triple Climate Jackets: Majestic Athletic equipped on-field personnel in October with a new type of outerwear, a 3-in-1 jacket. You can get this same look for someone, giving the flexibility to stay warm, stay dry, or both.
10. Fan for Life: That's what it says on the new Inbounds T-shirts from the touch by Alyssa Milano collection, and how can you argue with that?
11. Metallic Team Logo Hood: For something different this holiday season, order this unique look from Majestic Athletic. There's also the Women's Pep Rally Full-Zip Hood from '47 Brand or the Skyline Hood from Majestic Threads.
12. Alex Woo Jewelry Collection: Want some great bling? Look at the necklaces from this New York-based designer, with all products custom made in the Big Apple. If you really want to bling out, there's a four-figure diamond necklace for your favorite team.
13. Celebrate Ernie Banks' new Medal of Freedom recognition by ordering his authentic 1968 road jersey and add that Washed Canvas Duffel Bag for $39.99.
14. Diamond Era 59FIFTY Caps: These New Era authentic lids arrived on fields in 2013, and at just $34.99, they are perfect gifts for anyone. Just make sure you know the person's size, otherwise go for any of the countless adjustables in the MLB.com Shop caps collection.
15. If you're a procrastinator, then don't sweat it. Remember that MLB.com online gift certificates in any denomination via email are safe bets for any fan.
Mark Newman is enterprise editor of MLB.com. Read and join other baseball fans on his MLB.com community blog.