PHILADELPHIA -- The Phillies on Friday afternoon announced they have placed six players on the 15-day disabled list:
• Right-hander Mike Adams, recovering from right shoulder surgery (retroactive to March 26).
• Infielder Freddy Galvis, left knee infection (retroactive to March 21).
• Right-hander Miguel Alfredo Gonzalez. right shoulder tendinitis (retroactive to March 21).
• Left-hander Cole Hamels, left biceps tendinitis (retroactive to March 21).
• Right-hander Ethan Martin, right shoulder inflammation (retroactive to March 21).
• Outfielder/first baseman Darin Ruf, left oblique strain (retroactive to March 21).
Adams hopes he can rejoin the Phillies bullpen by April 15. Galvis, who is recovering from MRSA, could be back by the middle of the month, too.
The Phillies have indicated Hamels could rejoin the rotation before the end of April.
The Phillies said on March 21 that Ruf could miss 4-6 weeks. Martin just started throwing, and Amaro said recently Gonzalez could be a candidate for the 60-day DL to give them flexibility for the 40-man roster.
Todd Zolecki is a reporter for MLB.com.