• Reigning American League Rookie of the Year Wil Myers went 3-for-5 with two runs and two RBIs in Monday's opener. According to Elias Sports Bureau, only two other reigning Rookie of the Year winners have recorded three hits, two runs and two RBIs on Opening Day: Carlton Fisk of the Red Sox in 1973 and Raul Mondesi for the Dodgers in 1995.
• On Monday, 12 babies were delivered at Bayfront Baby Place -- eight boys and four girls -- each winning four tickets to future Rays home openers. The "Rays Fan for Life" program was created as part of the new partnership between the Rays and Bayfront Health.
• Sunday's 1:35 p.m. ET series finale against the Rangers brings about the season's first scheduled "Dog Day at the Rays" in the tbt* Party Deck. Tickets, which cost $30, include entry for one dog and one human and your choice of one of the following items: a Rays-themed dog collar, leash or baseball chew toy. Additional human tickets are $25 each.
• Thursday is Opening Day for the Rays' four full-season Minor League affiliates. Of interest, Triple-A Durham's rotation will see right-hander Nathan Karns followed by left-hander Enny Romero, right-hander Matt Andriese and left-handers Mike Montgomery and Erik Bedard.
• Tuesday was the official release date for "Double Play: Faith and Family First", the new autobiography by Ben Zobrist and his wife, Julianna. The book is available at Barnes & Noble, Lifeway, Family Christian and online.