CLEVELAND -- The Indians have already given Jim Thome a statue outside Gate C at Progressive Field. Earlier this week, the team inducted the franchise's home run king into its Hall of Fame. Now, Thome is getting a bobblehead.On Saturday morning, the Indians revealed their promotional schedule for 2016, which
CLEVELAND -- The Indians have already given Jim Thome a statue outside Gate C at Progressive Field. Earlier this week, the team inducted the franchise's home run king into its Hall of Fame. Now, Thome is getting a bobblehead.
On Saturday morning, the Indians revealed their promotional schedule for 2016, which includes three bobbleheads, six jerseys and a variety of other items and events. The Thome bobblehead will be given away on July 30, when the former slugger, Albert Belle, Frank Robinson and Charlie Jamieson are celebrated in a pregame ceremony for this year's Indians Hall of Fame class.
• Thome, Belle among 4 new Indians Hall of Famers
Here is a look at some of the highlights from the Tribe's promotional schedule:
• The Indians will give away a road gray Jason Kipnis jersey (June 18), a midnight navy blue Corey Kluber jersey (May 28) and home white jerseys for Carlos Carrasco (May 17) and Francisco Lindor (Aug. 20). The Tribe will also be giving away a 1976 blue jersey on June 4 and a Carlos Baerga jersey on Sept. 3.
• Along with the Thome bobblehead, the Indians will also be giving away bobbleheads depicting catcher Yan Gomes (July 9) and Hall of Famer Bob Feller (Aug. 13) this season.
• The Indians will give away a CLE Clothing Co. T-shirt on May 14, a batting practice pullover on July 4 and perforated-lens sunglasses on June 3.
• There will be 11 Sugardale Dollar Dog nights, along with nine Pregame in the District nights. The latter promotion includes $2 12-ounce domestic beer cans from 5-7 p.m. ET in the Right Field District and other neighborhood areas in Progressive Field.
• The Indians' promotional schedule will feature 14 fireworks nights, including a pair of Rock 'N Blast events (Aug. 12-13). The team will also have 10 KeyBank Kids Fun Days and a KeyBank Hassle Free Weekend (July 8-10). The latter will include free parking and other items for fans throughout the ballpark.
Jordan Bastian is a reporter for MLB.com. Read his blog, Major League Bastian, follow him on Twitter @MLBastian and listen to his podcast.