Royals manager Ned Yost indicated that right-hander Yordano Ventura will be pushed back to start Tuesday night's game, and that right-handers Ian Kennedy and Edinson Volquez will pitch the doubleheader.
Yost said he will consult with Kennedy and Volquez to see if either has a preference for one of the two games.
The Red Sox said right-hander Steven Wright will pitch the day game and David Price will pitch the night game.
Fans holding tickets to the game have these options:
1. Fans can utilize the value of their ticket (the amount paid) as a voucher toward any future Royals regular season game in 2016. While fans are welcome to exchange for any 2016 regular season game/seating area, fans who apply the paid value of their ticket for higher-priced game/seating will be responsible for paying any resulting balance due. Refunds are not available to fans who elect to apply the paid value of their ticket to lesser priced game/seating area. All tickets are based on availability. The pricing for Value Monday will be carried over to the Wednesday night game.
2. All exchanges must be completed by first pitch of the makeup game, Wednesday, May 18 at 7:15 p.m.
3. Single game tickets can be exchanged in person at the Kauffman Stadium Box Office during regular box office hours.
4. Season ticket members who have a Full or Half Season must exchange their tickets using their My Royals account.
5. Partial plan holders can call their ticket services rep to exchange their tickets. For more information call 816-504-4040.
6. Complimentary tickets and Commissioner's Initiative tickets cannot be exchanged for any other game and can only be used for the rescheduled game.
7. Important Note: Due to the discounts offered for the purchase of some tickets, the amount paid for the ticket (and thus the "value" of your ticket) may be different than the price printed on the ticket.
8. Suites, groups and other special areas are valid for the rescheduled game or the customer will need to contact their sales representative to exchange their tickets to a mutually agreed upon game.
9. Customers who purchased on StubHub or any other secondary market must contact the place they purchased the tickets for any inquiries about redeeming rain out tickets.
10. Parking passes may be used for the rescheduled game or may be turned in at any toll gate for any of the future 2016 Royals Regular Season Games.
11. Tickets for the postponed game are not subject to refunds.
Jeffrey Flanagan has covered the Royals since 1991, and for MLB.com since 2015.