Third to first
• Dewayne Wise resumed his rehab assignment with Triple-A Charlotte with a 1-for-2 showing and a walk Friday. Wise his working his way back from a strained right hamstring.
• Former White Sox pitcher Marvin Rotblatt passed away on Tuesday night at the age of 85. He appeared in 35 games, starting four of them, over three seasons with the White Sox in 1948 and from 1950-51.
Rotblatt is a member of the Jewish Sports and University of Illinois Sports Hall of Fame.
• Seventy-three of the White Sox 93 games played before Saturday have been decided by three runs or fewer. The White Sox are 9-23 in their last 32 from this particular category.
• Nate Jones has a 2-0 record with a 1.99 ERA over 22 2/3 innings in June/July combined, compared to a 1-4 mark with a 4.18 ERA over 26 innings in April/May.
• Gordon Beckham's .333 average would rank him second in the AL with the necessary plate appearances.