KANSAS CITY -- The Royals' game vs. the White Sox on Thursday night was postponed because of a threat of severe weather in the area.No makeup date has been set, but the Royals indicated it would not be part of this series.Royals manager Ned Yost said earlier in the day
KANSAS CITY -- The Royals' game vs. the White Sox on Thursday night was postponed because of a threat of severe weather in the area.
No makeup date has been set, but the Royals indicated it would not be part of this series.
Royals manager Ned Yost said earlier in the day he wasn't in favor of playing a doubleheader this series.
The Royals will juggle their rotation slightly. They have decided to push left-hander Danny Duffy, who was scheduled to pitch Thursday, to Friday night. Right-hander Yordano Ventura will be moved to Saturday, and right-hander Edinson Volquez will go Sunday. Right-hander Ian Kennedy, who had been scheduled for Sunday, will be pushed to Monday.
The White Sox will go with right-hander Miguel Gonzalez on Friday, left-hander Carlos Rodon on Saturday and left-hander Chris Sale on Sunday.
The Royals released their ticket policy for the rainout:
Tickets for Thursday's game will be honored for the rescheduled game. Fans do not have to exchange their original tickets if they plan to attend the rescheduled game.
• Fans can utilize the value of their ticket (the amount paid) toward any future Royals regular-season game in 2016. While fans are welcome to exchange for any 2016 regular-season game/seating area, fans who apply the paid value of their ticket for a higher-priced game/seating will be responsible for paying any resulting balance due. Refunds are not available to fans who elect to apply the paid value of their ticket to a lesser-priced game/seating area. All tickets are based on availability.
• Important note: Due to the discounts offered for the purchase of some tickets, the amount paid for the ticket (and thus the "value" of your ticket) may be different than the price printed on the ticket.
• All exchanges must be completed by first pitch of the rescheduled game
• Single game tickets can be exchanged in person at the Kauffman Stadium box office during regular box-office hours.
• Season ticket members who have a full- or half-season ticket plan must use the live ticket exchange program through their My Royals account prior to the rescheduled game.
• Partial-plan holders can call their ticket services rep to exchange their tickets prior to the rescheduled game. For more information, please call 816-504-4040, option 3, or email [email protected]. Tickets can only be exchanged by the original purchaser of the tickets.
• Complimentary tickets and Commissioner's Initiative tickets cannot be exchanged for any other game and can only be used for the rescheduled game.
• Suites, groups and other special areas are valid for the rescheduled game or the customer will need to contact their sales representative to exchange their tickets to a mutually agreed-upon game.
• Customers who purchased on StubHub or any other secondary market must contact the place they purchased the tickets for any inquiries about redeeming rainout tickets.
• Fans who have GordoNation Theme Tickets for the postponed game can participate in GordoNation on the rescheduled date and receive the shirt and big head, or they may choose to utilize the value of their ticket toward any future Royals regular-season game in 2016. Fans who choose to exchange their GordoNation Theme Tickets will no longer be eligible to receive the GordoNation shirt and big head.
• Parking passes will be honored for the rescheduled game or can be exchanged for any future Royals regular-season game in 2016.
• Tickets for the postponed game are not subject to refunds.
Jeffrey Flanagan has covered the Royals since 1991, and for MLB.com since 2015. Follow him on Twitter @FlannyMLB.