• The Rangers promoted pitcher Ross Wolf from Double-A Frisco to Triple-A Round Rock.
• Pitcher Alexi Ogando has a 1.11 WHIP in his 32 career Major League starts. That's the seventh best among starters with a minimum of 30 starts since the beginning of the 2011 season. Clayton Kershaw has the lowest, at 0.98.
• Manager Ron Washington said Yu Darvish is "progressing very nicely" and is expected to start on Friday against the Mariners. Darvish has been dealing with a blister on his right ring finger.
• A.J. Pierzynski's home run in the fourth inning on Monday was the first hit left-handed by a Rangers catcher since Jarrod Saltalamacchia on Aug. 2, 2009. Mitch Moreland followed that with a home run, marking the first time that Rangers left-handed hitters hit back-to-back home runs since Josh Hamilton and Hank Blalock on Aug. 7, 2009.
• Josh Lindblom started for Round Rock on Tuesday. Lindblom, acquired from the Phillies in the Michael Young trade, has never started in the Majors, but the Rangers are going to give him a chance to start in Triple-A, something he hasn't done since 2010 in the Dodgers' system. The Rangers are also hoping the extra work will help him smooth out some of the mechanical issues he was dealing with in Spring Training.