• Fernando Martinez (strained left oblique) began his rehab assignment Sunday and went 0-for-3 with an RBI as Oklahoma City's designated hitter. He was in right field Monday night.
• In a Minor League trade, the Astros obtained left-hander Eric Berger from the Cleveland Indians for catcher Chris Wallace. Berger was assigned to Triple-A Oklahoma City.
• Oakland becomes the first team the Astros have seen twice as an American League team. It will happen again when Seattle visits Houston for a series beginning next Monday.
• Infielder Matt Dominguez has handled more total chances at third base (43) than any other Major League player. He has yet to make an error.
• The Astros need two more home runs this month to match their total of 14 from April of 2012.
• Tuesday's starter, Brad Peacock, played with the Sacramento RiverCats, an Oakland affiliate, last year and was third in the Pacific Coast League with 9.1 strikeouts per nine innings.