• Freddy Garcia will start Monday's game on his scheduled turn, with Miguel Gonzalez still on track to be activated from the disabled list and start on Tuesday. The team will need a roster spot for him, and right now it looks like they'd send out a pitcher, particularly with Valencia slated to start two of the next three games against a lefty starter.
• Taylor Teagarden (left thumb) will start a hitting and catching program in Sarasota, Fla., on Monday.
• Brian Roberts will have the sutures removed from his leg on Monday. It was originally scheduled for Friday, but his right hamstring wasn't healed enough at the time.
• Wei-Yin Chen (right oblique) will head down to Sarasota at the end of the homestand on Wednesday, and manager Buck Showalter said he wasn't sure if Nolan Reimold will join him or be ready to go get some at-bats at an affiliate.
• The Orioles started bunting and hitting with their pitchers prior to Sunday's game to get ready for the upcoming Interleague play in Washington D.C. next week.
• More than 14,000 fans were in attendance Sunday for the second Little League Day of the season. Youth from around the area participated in a pregame parade around the warning track and gave high-fives to Orioles players as they passed the dugout.