• Saturday was shortstop J.J. Hardy's 1,000th game. His career .982 fielding percentage is tied for third all-time among players with at least 1,000 games at shortstop. He trails Omar Vizquel (.985) and Jimmy Rollins (.983).
• Third baseman Manny Machado went hitless in each of his past two games, the first time that's happened this season. He singled in his first-bat Sunday.
• Taylor Teagarden (dislocated left thumb) caught eight innings Saturday at Triple-A Norfolk and went 0-for-4. Showalter said the plan was for him to serve as the designated hitter Sunday and then reassess his health. He hit third Sunday and could be close to being recalled by the Orioles.
• Wei-Yin Chen (strained oblique) jogged in the pool Saturday, and he could be back within the month, Showalter said. But there's a very loose timetable because he hasn't thrown a ball yet. Showalter said he hopes Chen will get to a mound in the next couple of days, which would make a mid-June return possible.
• The Brooks Robinson All-Star Game, played by a collection of Maryland high school baseball all-stars, was scheduled be held at Camden Yards following Sunday's Tigers-Orioles game.