• Astros manager Bo Porter on not having to face Yu Darvish in this series: "Isn't that great news?"
• Class A Myrtle Beach pitcher Alec Asher has earned his second straight Carolina League Pitcher of the Week honor. He has not allowed a run in his last 14 innings and is 8-7 with a 3.14 ERA in 23 games and one relief appearance.
• Nick Tepesch, who is on the disabled list with inflammation in his right elbow, threw his second bullpen session on Monday. The club said Tepesch's next step will be a 60-pitch bullpen on a date to be determined depending on how he feels on Tuesday. He threw 40 pitches on Monday.
• The Rangers entered Monday's game having committed 54 outs running the bases, the most in the Major Leagues.
• Myrtle Beach infielder Drew Robinson is the Carolina League Player of the Week and Class A Hickory outfielder Nick Williams is the South Atlantic League Player of the Year. Class A Spokane's Richard Alvarez is the Northwest League Pitcher of the Week.
• Right-hander Neftali Feliz pitched a scoreless inning during a rehabilitation assignment on Monday night for Triple-A Round Rock. He struck out two and threw 17 pitches. It was his fifth rehab outing and second since being shut down for a week with triceps tendinitis.