• Alexi Ogando, who is on the disabled list with inflammation in his right shoulder, threw from 120 feet on Tuesday without a problem. The Rangers are hoping he can throw off a mound this weekend during their short three-game stay in Arlington. The Rangers are still planning to bring him back as a starter when he comes off the disabled list.
• Pitching coach Mike Maddux turned 52 on Tuesday.
• The Rangers' victory on Monday left them 10-7 against the Mariners this season with two games left. They have had a winning record against the Mariners for six straight seasons. The only longer such streak was seven straight against the Rays in 1998-2004.
• Leonys Martin was back in the lineup on Tuesday, leading off and playing center field. He missed two games with a sprained right ankle but was good to go on Tuesday night.
• Right-hander Nick Tepesch, who is on the disabled list with shoulder inflammation, pitched two-plus innings on Tuesday for Double-A Frisco. He allowed one run on three hits and a walk. He threw 41 pitches in his first game action since going on the disabled list July 7.