• Third baseman Adrian Beltre arrived in camp on Monday.
• Right-hander Shawn Tolleson has been bothered by a sprained left ankle but was among the pitchers who threw batting practice on Monday.
• Colby Lewis threw batting practice on Monday, and Washington was impressed that he looked free and easy on the mound. Lewis is having no physical issues after undergoing hip replacement surgery last August.
• Yu Darvish is expected to throw batting practice on Tuesday and then possibly speak to the media at length for the first time since the end of last season.
• Pitcher Ben Rowen remains limited due to biceps tendinitis.