• The plan is for Gerrit Cole to be the first Pirates pitcher to take his in-game hacks this spring. He is listed in the lineup for Sunday's game at the Orioles.
• Also in Sunday's lineup is Starling Marte, who was scratched due to headaches on Friday and continued to rest Saturday.
"Feeling much better," said Marte, who had a similar episode early last season, when the Pirates were in Detroit.
• The Pirates will not work out at PNC Park next Sunday, the only day between the exhibition set in Philadelphia and the Monday, March 31 season opener. Apparently, a new rule mandates three off-days during Spring Training, and the Bucs have had only two in Florida.
• Jason Grilli finally allowed a hit, but resorted to his old tricks to avoid allowing a run. Carlos Ruiz's single with one out in the sixth was the first of the spring off Grilli, who then also allowed a two-out double to Cesar Hernandez.
Grilli stranded the runners on second and third by striking out the side. He struck out Ryan Howard, Domonic Brown and Cody Asche.
• Charlie Morton, the latest Pirates starter to get in his work in Minor League action at Pirate City, hurled seven shutout innings against the Yankees' High-A team on Saturday, walking two and fanning seven while allowing seven hits.