• Matt Carpenter and Yadier Molina were presented with their 2013 Silver Slugger Awards during an on-field ceremony on Sunday. The award is presented annually to the best hitting player at each position in each league. Both players are first-time winners. Carpenter is also the first second baseman in franchise history to attain the honor, while Molina joins Ted Simmons (1980) as one of two Cardinals catchers.
• Left-hander Kyle Hald pitched 4 2/3 scoreless innings in what finished as a 2-0 win for Double-A Springfield on Saturday. Five pitchers combined to pitch Springfield's second shutout of the season.
• Infielder Greg Garcia extended his hitting streak to 11 games with a 1-for-4 game in Triple-A Memphis' loss Saturday. Tim Cooney suffered his first defeat of the season despite allowing just two runs on six hits and striking out eight in seven innings.
• The Brewers' rotation for their upcoming visit to Busch Stadium has been set, and the Cardinals are scheduled to face, in order: Yovani Gallardo (2-0, 1.42 ERA), Kyle Lohse (4-1, 2.38 ERA) and Matt Garza (1-2, 4.09 ERA).
• Sacramento Kings shooting guard Ben McLemore, a St. Louis native, threw out the ceremonial first pitch prior to Sunday's game.