• Second baseman Rougned Odor did not play Wednesday against the Mariners, but he is healthy. It's not due to an injury. Luis Sardinas made the start.
• Wednesday's 1:05 p.m. CST start time was the first of five day games for the Rangers in the next six days.
• Since the Mariners are only in Texas for two days, after a 6-2 loss Tuesday, the Rangers can't win the series. Texas is 0-4-1 in the last five series.
• Chris Gimenez is the 39th player the Rangers have used this season with his start Wednesday. That is tied with the Yankees for most in the league.
• The Rangers and Mariners have tied the season series, 4-4. Seattle has won three of the last four, including two in a row.