• Nelson Cruz was removed in the ninth inning of Tuesday night's game for what was assumed to be a defensive replacement with David Lough. But Cruz was actually dealing with some right calf tightness that crept up. Showalter said Cruz was 100 percent Wednesday and was glad the veteran brought the issue to his attention and they got out in front of it. Cruz hit his Major League-leading 18th homer in the second inning on Wednesday.
• Bundy is slated to throw three innings in extended spring on Thursday, 45 pitches, with Edgmer Escalona (right shoulder inflammation) on his way to Triple-A Norfolk to start a rehab assignment.
• The O's made some roster transactions Wednesday, including outrighting Evan Meek to Triple-A Norfolk and trading Johnny Monnell to the Los Angeles Dodgers for cash considerations. Meek can reject the assignment and become a free agent. The Orioles now have 39 players on their 40-man roster with the Meek move.
• Outfielder Francisco Peguero is dealing with some hamstring tightness and it looks like he will stay on the disabled list for now. Peguero, who has been sidelined with a wrist injury, went back to Baltimore Wednesday to be looked at by the team doctors.
• Showalter said there is nothing imminent on outfielder Nolan Reimold (neck), who continues to play in extended spring games.