For the third consecutive year, Chris and Jill Davis will serve as race ambassadors for the ninth annual Casey Cares 5K Run/Walk on Saturday, July 14, as the Orioles and OriolesREACH once again partner with the Casey Cares Foundation to host the race. Davis and his wife, Jill, a former nurse, have supported Casey Cares for several years. Davis has previously attended the organization's Extra Innings Event, where critically-ill children and their families meet with Orioles players to learn the fundamentals of baseball.
The 3.1 mile run/one mile walk starts at 8:00 a.m. and begins at Oriole Park and ends on the field. Participants will partake in a pre-race warm-up with the Oriole Bird, music, and other entertainment, and will enjoy post-race refreshments. Top race winners and the top fundraiser will be announced in a pre-game ceremony that evening prior to the July 14 game against the Texas Rangers.
All proceeds will benefit the Casey Cares Foundation, a 501(c)(3) non-profit that provides personalized, uplifting, and ongoing programs with a special touch to critically-ill children and their family members throughout the Mid-Atlantic region. Since moving to Oriole Park in 2013, the race has raised more than $500,000.
- Oriole Park at Camden Yards, 333 W Camden Street, Baltimore, MD
- Free parking is available for participants and spectators in stadium lots B / C.
- Through May 10: $40
- May 11 - July 13: $45
- Race Day: $50 (cash or check only)
- Child (8 years and under): $20 (child entry does not include race shirt)
- 6:30 a.m.: Registration & Packet Pickup
- 8:00 a.m.: 5K Run begins
- 8:05 a.m.: 1-Mile Walk Begins
- 8:30 a.m.: Post Race Refreshments Available
- 9:00 a.m.: Awards Presentation