For the second consecutive year, Chris and Jill Davis will serve as race ambassadors for the eighth annual Casey Cares 5K Run/Walk on Saturday, August 5, as the Orioles and OriolesREACH once again partner with the Casey Cares Foundation to host the race. Davis and his wife, Jill, a former nurse, have supported Casey Cares for several years. Davis has previously attended the organization's Extra Innings Event, where critically-ill children and their families meet with Orioles players to learn the fundamentals of baseball. Davis will be attending the Extra Innings Event again this year.
Lace up your running shoes for an incredible cause on August 5, 2017
The 3.1 mile run/one mile walk starts at 8:00 a.m. and begins at Oriole Park and ends on the field. Participants will partake in a pre-race warm-up with the Oriole Bird, music, and other entertainment, and will enjoy post-race refreshments. Top race winners and the top fundraiser will be announced in a pre-game ceremony that evening prior to the August 5 game against the Detroit Tigers.
All proceeds will benefit the Casey Cares Foundation, a 501(c)(3) non-profit that provides personalized, uplifting, and ongoing programs with a special touch to critically-ill children and their family members throughout the Mid-Atlantic region. Since moving to Oriole Park in 2013, the race has raised more than $413,000.
- Oriole Park at Camden Yards, 333 W Camden Street, Baltimore, MD
- Free parking is available for participants and spectators in stadium lots B / C.
- Through May 31: $40
- June 1 - August 4: $45
- Race Day: $50 (cash or check only)
- Child (8 years and under): $20 (child entry does not include race shirt)
- 6:30 a.m.: Registration & Packet Pickup 8:00 a.m.: 5K Run begins
- 8:05 a.m.: 1-Mile Walk Begins
- 8:30 a.m.: Post Race Refreshments Available
- 9:00 a.m.: Awards Presentation