Vote now »
Twelve alumni are on the Phillies Wall of Fame ballot for 2012. Voting begins today at www.phillies.com and concludes on Wednesday, March 14 at 5:00 p.m.
The 2012 season marks the seventh consecutive year of online voting for fans, who can select their top three choices. A first-place vote is worth five points, second place is three points and third place is one point.
The top five consensus choices are determined by total points and will serve as the official ballot for a special Wall of Fame Selection Committee that will choose this year’s inductee. The committee is composed of team executives and members of the media.
Pitchers: Larry Christenson, Jim Konstanty*, Ron Reed, Curt Schilling, Rick Wise . . .
Catchers: Mike Lieberthal, Jimmy Wilson* . . . Infielder: Pinky Whitney* . . . Outfielders: Greg Gross, Von Hayes . . . Coach: Mike Ryan . . . Manager: Jim Fregosi.
Phillies players with five or more years of service are eligible. Managers and coaches need four or more years of service. In addition, position players require a minimum of 700 games, while pitchers need a minimum of 180 games to be eligible.
All players must be retired for three years before they can be eligible for the ballot. Consideration is given to longevity, ability, contributions to the Phillies and baseball, character plus special achievements.
- The weekend officially kicks off with the third annual Phillies Alumni Luncheon for seniors 55 and older on Thursday, August 9 at noon in the Diamond Club. More information will be made available during the upcoming season.
- The Wall of Fame Induction ceremony will take place at Citizens Bank Park on Friday, August 10, prior to the 7:05 p.m. game against the St. Louis Cardinals. A 14”x20” cast bronze plaque of the honoree will be added to the Wall of Fame display located in the Memory Lane section of Ashburn Alley, sponsored by Toyota. In addition, many Wall of Fame members will be in attendance to participate in the pregame ceremonies.
- Alumni Night will be held the following day, Saturday, August 11, in which former players living in the tri-state area will be introduced before the game.
- The annual Stephen Starr-Gary Maddox Barbecue Challenge, presented by Hatfield Quality Meats and KRAFT Barbecue Sauce, will also take place pregame on Saturday, August 11 on Citizens Bank Way.
- The alumni festivities will conclude on Sunday, August 12 when fans will be treated to fun surprises and great interaction with alumni.
A complete listing of those enshrined on the Phillies on the Wall of Fame can be found online at http://philadelphia.phillies.mlb.com/phi/history/wall_of_fame.jsp.