PHILADELPHIA -- The Phillies on Friday afternoon announced numerous promotions and hires within their baseball operations department.The list includes one full-time chef and 21 scouts. Because some scouts are not returning and others have been moved from independent contractor to full-time status, the combined net gain in amateur scouting (one),
PHILADELPHIA -- The Phillies on Friday afternoon announced numerous promotions and hires within their baseball operations department.
The list includes one full-time chef and 21 scouts. Because some scouts are not returning and others have been moved from independent contractor to full-time status, the combined net gain in amateur scouting (one), international scouting (five) and professional scouting (one) is seven.
• Bryan Minniti has been promoted to assistant general manager. He will oversee player development, amateur and international scouting. He served as special assistant to the general manager last season.
• Chris Cashman has been promoted to player procurement manager after spending the past two seasons as advance scouting analyst.
• The Phillies hired Mike Calitri as advance scouting manager. He will report directly to manager Gabe Kapler. Calitri worked for the Indians from 2009-16, most recently as a professional scout.
• Frank Coppenbarger has been promoted to special assistant of ballpark projects. Coppenbarger has been with the Phillies since 1989, working previously as the equipment manager and traveling secretary.
• Keith Rudolf has been hired as a full-time team chef. He worked with the Phils last season. He cooked previously in Philadelphia with Georges Perrier and Kevin Sbraga.
• Dana Parks has been hired as player development coordinator. She spent last season as an assistant in the Rays' baseball operations department. Parks graduated from Vineland (N.J.) High School and St. Joseph's University, where she played softball.
• Corinne Landrey has been hired as baseball research and development analyst. She interned in the same department last season.
• Former pitcher Mike Koplove has been hired as a special assignment scout. He spent the last six seasons working with the Angels. Koplove graduated from Chestnut Hill Academy in 1995 and later attended the University of Delaware.
The Phillies hired Erick Dalton and Todd Donovan as professional scouts. The organization also hired six additional amateur scouts and 13 additional scouts and staff members to join the international scouting department.
Todd Zolecki has covered the Phillies since 2003, and for MLB.com since 2009. Follow him on Twitter and Facebook and listen to his podcast.