Get your seats for Opening Week, division rivalries, marquee matchups and more by ordering your single game tickets.
Philadelphia welcomes Jake Arrieta
Gabe Kapler has asked everybody in the Phillies organization to think boldly and behave boldly. The Phillies made a remarkably bold move on Monday, when they officially announced the signing of former National League Cy Young Award winner Jake Arrieta.
Arrieta, 32, won the Cy Young Award with the Cubs in 2015, going 22-6 with a 1.77 ERA. He has since remained one of the best starters in baseball over the past two seasons, going 18-8 with a 3.10 ERA in '16 and 14-10 with a 3.53 ERA in '17. Arrieta has made at least 30 starts in each of the past three seasons.
"I want to thank the Middleton family and the Phillies' front office for believing in me and believing that I can come in and move the needle," Arrieta said. "That's exactly what I look forward to doing with this organization."
- NL Cy winner to be announced Wednesday
- Kapler's home destroyed by California fires
- Viza fans nine, finishes AFL with a flourish
- Phils may have eye on third-base upgrade
- Rhys, MLB All-Stars host youth clinic in Japan
- Santana would have value on trade market
- Hall collects pinch-hit RBI in AFL on Monday
- Phillies' Top 30 Prospects list
You can join the Phillies family as a season ticket holder for the 2018 season with a full or partial plan.