On Wednesday, August 15, college students and recent graduates are invited to go behind-the-scenes with Phillies sport management executives - and receive career advice - at this exclusive #CollegeSeries pre-game event!
- Learn from Phillies sport management executives from various departments during a moderated question and answer session in the Phillies Media Room. Panelists will provide excellent insight into the business of baseball, as well as share career experience and advice. Speakers include: Scott Brandreth, Director, Merchandise, The Phillies; Derek Schuster, Director, Sales, The Phillies; Danielle Skowronek, Coordinator, Advertising, The Phillies; Shannon Snellman, Director, Finance, The Phillies. Moderator: Gregg Murphy, Phillies Broadcaster.
- Hear from a Phillies player about his college and major league experience.
- Practice networking with Phillies executives and other special guests, including 1993 National League Champion Mickey Morandini, during a Phillies Networking Hour. Meet informally with front office personnel from various departments, as well as those who spearhead the Phillies intern and Phillies Ballgirls programs. Attendees are invited to bring their resumes.
- Take #Selfies with the 2008 & 1980 World Series Trophies.
- Watch that night's Phillies-Red Sox game from Section 241-245 (a ticket value of $30). Ticket price includes $12 worth of concession and merchandise credit.
- Check-in begins at 4 p.m. and features a Networking Hour and #selfies with the World Series Trophies until 5 p.m.
- The panel portion of the program officially starts at 5 p.m., followed by the Phillies-Red Sox game at 7:05 p.m.
- The event is limited to 200 students. Interested professors, recent graduates, and parents of students are welcome to attend.
- Dress is casual to business casual.
- Students are urged to ask questions throughout the program, as well as in advance, to @Phillies using #CollegeSeries
- Cost: $30. Includes (in addition to the above networking and panel) a game ticket sections 241-245 ($30 value), as well as $12 worth of concession credit that can be redeemed throughout the ballpark for food, beverage and/or merchandise.
- First time Uber riders attending #CollegeSeries events: Enjoy $15 off your first Uber ride! Use code PHILSCOLLEGESUMMIT (valid in US only, new users only, expires 9/21/18).
2018 Summer Semester
Wednesday, August 15 vs. Red Sox - Phillies #CollegeSeries Sport Management Night for sport management, marketing, advertising, communications, business & finance students
2018 Fall Semester
Monday, September 17 vs. Mets - Phillies #CollegeSeries Business Analytics Night for business intelligence/analytics, economics, MIS/information technology/computer science, marketing, business & sport management students
Tuesday, September 18 vs. Mets - Phillies #CollegeSeries Sport Management, Facilities & Operations Night for sport management, business, hospitality and marketing students
2018 Spring Semester
Mon., April 9 vs. Reds - Phillies #CollegeSeries Business of Sport Media Night for business, marketing, advertising, sport management & communications/journalism/broadcasting students, as well as those involved with athletics
SOLD OUT - Tues., April 10 vs. Reds - Phillies #CollegeSeries Baseball Analytics Night for business intelligence/analytics, economics, MIS/information technology/computer science, marketing, business & sport management students
SOLD OUT - Wed., April 11 vs. Reds - Phillies #CollegeSeries Stadium Security Partnerships Night for sport/facilities management & law enforcement/criminal justice students
Thurs., April 19 vs. Pirates - Phillies #CollegeSeries Finance Night for accounting, finance, business & sport management students
Mickey Morandini - 1993 National League Champion Phillie & Club Ambassador
Mickey Morandini is in his first year as a club ambassador with the Phillies. He had spent the previous two years with the team as first base coach and baserunning instructor.
Prior to joining the major league staff, Mickey spent five years in the Phillies minor league system as a coach for triple-A Lehigh Valley and double-A Reading and manager for single-A Lakewood and single-A Williamsport. He also spent four years as head coach for the Valparaiso High School varsity baseball team.
A 1995 National League All-Star, Mickey played nine of his 11 major league seasons with the Phillies and was a member of the 1993 NL Champions. He ranks fourth in Phillies history in most games played at second base (926) and was the recipient of the Paul Owens Award in 1989 as the best player in the Phillies minor league system. Mickey was originally selected by the Phillies in the fifth round of the 1988 draft out of Indiana University.
Born in Leechburg, Pa., Mickey and his wife Peg currently live in Glen Mills, Pa., with their three sons, Jordan, Griffin and Michael.
Scott Brandreth - Director, Merchandise, The Phillies
Scott Brandreth is a longtime member of the Events and Marketing team that sets the Phillies promotional, giveaway and theme nights schedule. As director of merchandise, Scott oversees all retail at Citizens Bank Park, including the Majestic Clubhouse Store, Phillies Authentics (Game-Used & Autographed Memorabilia) and Official Phillies Publications and DVDs.
Scott joined the Phillies as in intern in the Public Relations Department during the 1995 season, and was hired full time in 1998 in the club's Merchandising Department. He has a degree in broadcast journalism from the University of Rhode Island.
Derek Schuster - Director, Sales, The Phillies
Derek Schuster has over 20 years of experience in the Sports Industry, and over 15 years with the Phillies.
As the Phillies' Director, Sales, Derek oversees the sales staff at Citizens Bank Park, and is responsible for key growth sales strategies, tactics and action plans as it relates to ticket sales.
Derek has had various roles with the Phillies, among them: Director of Season Ticket Sales. His career with the Club began in 2003, where he helped start a premium sales department with the opening of Citizens Bank Park.
Prior to the Phillies, Derek was the Director of Sales with the Philadelphia Phantoms. His experience also includes working with the Pittsburgh Pirates, where he was an intern in their Sales/Marketing Department during college, and later hired full time as an Account Executive. He was also part of the Pirates' front office that opened PNC Park in 2001.
Derek is originally from Pottsville, PA, and is a graduate of Robert Morris University with a degree in Business Administration (Sports Management Major). During college, he also interned with the Reading Phillies (now the Reading Fightins).
Danielle Skowronek - Coordinator, Advertising, The Phillies
Danielle Skowronek graduated from Syracuse University in 2015 with a double major in Marketing & Management. While at Syracuse, she became the first female head manager for the men's basketball program, travelling across the country with the team. After school, she worked at a media agency in New York City on a national brand before finding her way back to Philadelphia.
As the Advertising Coordinator for the Phillies, she oversees the creation of the branding campaign for each season, building of the media plan and execution of media assets throughout the season.
Shannon Snellman - Director, Finance, The Phillies
Shannon brings over 14 years of finance experience to the Phillies.
In her role as Director, Finance, Shannon oversees the daily responsibilities of the accounting and payroll functions including quarterly and annual financial statements, financial reporting to Major League Baseball, budgeting and forecasting, taxes and treasury. Shannon joined the Phillies in September 2014 - but her first experience with the Club began in 2003, where she held a summer Phillies accounting internship at Veterans Stadium and Citizens Bank Park.
Shannon's career path also includes being an auditor at Ernst & Young. She also held various roles at Endo Pharmaceuticals.
A graduate of LaSalle University, Shannon holds an accounting degree and is a certified public accountant.
Gregg Murphy - Phillies Broadcaster
Gregg Murphy joined the Phillies broadcast team in 2012 as a field reporter. In his role, he brings viewers closer to the action reporting from the field, dugouts and elsewhere throughout the ballpark during the games. He added occasional play-by-play duties in 2014.
Part of the on-air team at CSN Philly since December 2008, Gregg is a multiple Emmy winner and nominee in numerous categories, including sports reporting. He was also recognized twice as the winner of the Associated Press Outstanding Talk Program for Out of Bounds, a program he hosted earlier in his career.
Before joining CSN Philly, he was at CN8, The Inquirer High School Sports Show and WFMZ in Allentown, Pa.
A 1993 graduate of St. Joseph's University with a degree in English, Gregg has reported on many notable sports events, including the NCAA Tournament, Super Bowl, World Series and NBA Finals.
Born in Meadowbrook, Pa., Gregg was raised in Mt. Laurel, N.J. and played baseball at Holy Cross High School in Delran, N.J. He gives his time and hosting talents to the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, as well as The Irish Pub Children's Foundation, which benefits Philadelphia police officers.
Gregg lives in Mullica Hill, N.J., and has three children: one daughter, Quinn, and two sons, Matthew and Colin.
Networking Hour Participants
From 4-5 p.m., students will have the opportunity to network with the following Phillies Front Office Executives.
Scott Brandreth, Director, Merchandising
Justina Campana, Corporate Partnership Representative
Phil Feather, Director, Ticket Services & Intern Program
Marie Hanley, Generalist, Human Resources
Kenny Johnson, Coordinator, Community Engagement
Lisa Joshua, Manager, Financial Reporting & Analysis
Mark Manera, Community and Charity Events Representative
Missy Perez, Social Media Representative
Danielle Skowronek, Coordinator, Advertising
Derek Schuster, Director, Sales
Ryan Simon, Coordinator, Ticket Services
Shannon Snellman, Director, Finance
Kristin Zeller, Manager, Special Events