Tuesday, May 21 - Sunday, May 26, 2019
Pirates return to PNC Park for the fourth homestand of 2019
The Pirates return to PNC Park for the fourth homestand of the season, with a three-game series with the Colorado Rockies and a three-game series with the Los Angeles Dodgers.
This homestand is highlighted by Education Day on Thursday, May 23; Zambelli Fireworks Night on Friday, May 24; and the first of four Kids Free Ice Cream Days on Sunday, May 26.
Tuesday, May 21 - Pirates vs. Colorado Rockies (7:05 p.m.)
- Pup Night: Fans can enjoy Bucco baseball with their pooch as the Pirates present one of 12 Pup Nights at PNC Park. Each ticket package (1 person & 1 dog) costs just $36 with additional human tickets available for $36 each. A portion of the proceeds benefit local animal shelters and seats are limited and subject to availability. For complete information, visit pirates.com/pups.
- Pirates Play Ball Team of the Game: The Pirates continue the season-long initiative honoring a youth baseball/softball team(s) of the game during every Tuesday home game. Tonight, the Pirates will honor the Columbiana Clippers high school baseball team as the Play Ball Team of the Game, presented by Nike
Wednesday, May 22 - Pirates vs. Colorado Rockies (7:05 p.m.)
- Fundraise the Jolly Roger School Visit: Today, the Pirates will visit Shady Side Academy Junior School to congratulate students and staff as the top fundraiser ($4,546) through the 2019 Pirates and WTAE-TV project Bundle-Up's 'Fundraise the Jolly Roger' campaign. The program took place from February through April 2019 as participating schools were asked to fundraise through events and/or through individual donations to the school's fundraising page to benefit Project Bundle-Up. For more information on the program, visit projectbundleup.org or contact email@example.com.
Thursday, May 23 - Pirates vs. Colorado Rockies (12:35 p.m.)
- Education Day: The Pittsburgh Pirates Education Days combine science, math, geography and history to create a fun and educational opportunity at PNC Park. When PNC Park gates open at 11 a.m., each student will be given an interactive workbook as their teachers guide them through the ballpark on a treasure hunt. Students will visit several locations throughout PNC Park including Legacy Square, ballpark concession stands and the weather station located behind center field. They will search for answers to a variety of questions about baseball, science, math, history, and geography. Students can continue to collect information throughout the game and answer questions pertaining to baseball statistics about Pirates players. Pirates Charities wishes to thank our underwriting partners -- PPG Industries Foundation, Chevron and Great American Opportunities -- for their generous support of this educational (and fun) initiative. For tickets and information visit pirates.com/EducationDays.
- Military Day: Come out to support and honor our brave American military service men and women. The Pirates will wear their Military Day jerseys and special caps.
- On Field Military Ceremony: As part of today's Military Day efforts, a group from the Erie United Methodist Alliance, Liberty House will be honored during a pregame on-field ceremony and hosted in the Pirates Charities Suite. In 2001, the Erie United Methodist Alliance teamed up with the Veteran's Administration and HUD (U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development) to open Liberty House, the only transitional housing program in Erie County specifically for homeless Veterans. The house is a safe haven for the men who protected our freedom and are now in need of a new beginning.
- 50/50 Raffle: Today's Pirates Charities 50/50 Raffle, supported by Rivers Casino, will benefit Erie United Methodist Alliance, Liberty House.
Friday, May 24 - Pirates vs. Los Angeles Dodgers (7:05 p.m.)
- ShredHate Upstander of the Month Visit: Today, Pirates first baseman Josh Bell will make a surprise visit to Perry Traditional Academy at 11 a.m. as part of the season-long ShredHate "Upstander of the Month" initiative. Pirates Charities in partnership with ESPN, MLB, X Games, and No Bully partner together to present the Upstander of the Month to one student each month in the Pittsburgh area who has shown courage in standing up for a fellow student(s) and demonstrating anti-bullying behavior in school.
- Class of 2019 Night: Graduates, come celebrate with your fellow Class of 2019 graduates as the Pirates host Class of 2019 Night at PNC Park. This special $19 ticket package includes a Home Plate Grandstand ticket and an exclusive Pirates Class of 2019 T-Shirt.
- Zambelli Fireworks: Following the game, fans are encouraged to stay in their seats for a special Zambelli Fireworks display, presented by 93.7 The Fan.
- Miller Lite Happy Hour: Tonight, and every Friday Night home game, the Pirates will host a special Happy Hour, presented by Miller Lite, at the Crow's Nest from 5:30 to 7 p.m. Visit the Arnold Palmer Spiked Bar at the Crow's Nest for live music by guitarist Michael Todd, as well as discounted cans of Miller Lite, Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy, Blue Moon and Arnold Palmer Spiked.
- Make-a-Wish Scholarship: Pirates Charities will host 32 former Wish Kids for the "Kurt R. Weiss Scholarship for Wish Children" Reception. The scholarship for Wish Children was created in 1998 in honor of Kurt Weiss, a wish kid who overcame bone cancer and went on to attend Notre Dame University and Jefferson Medical College and study at the M.D. Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, NIH and UPMC. Beyond the primary goal of helping wish children pursue higher education, the scholarship program was established to help counter the myth that the children helped by the Make-A-Wish Foundation are all terminal. The 2019 graduates will enjoy an awards ceremony in the Pirates Press Conference Room, dinner on the Miller Lite Rooftop and a special pregame ceremony recognizing their accomplishments.
Saturday, May 25 - Pirates vs. Los Angeles Dodgers (7:15 p.m.)
- Camo Cap: Tonight, the first 20,000 fans with paid admission will receive a Pirates replica camo cap, presented by AT&T SportsNet. The cap is a replica of the Pirates Military Thursday caps worn each Thursday home game.
Sunday, May 26 - Pirates vs. Los Angeles Dodgers (1:35 p.m.)
- Season Ticket Holder Team Photo Fest: Today, Pirates Season Ticket Holders will have the chance to take part in a special pregame photo fest on the field at PNC Park from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Today's photo fest opportunity is exclusively for Season Ticket Holders who preregistered for the event on the experience app.
- Kids Day: Come down early and join the fun as the Family Fun Zone will be open on Federal Street from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Lined up outside PNC Park will be inflatable rides, baseball games, face painting, information about the Bucaroos Kids Club, presented by Chick-fil-A, and more.
- Kids Free Ice Cream: Today, all kids ages 14 and younger, with paid admission, will receive a voucher for a free eight-ounce cup of Rivendale Pirates Treasure ice cream during the game.
- Kids Run the Bases: Kids attending today's game are invited to stick around after to run the bases on the field at PNC Park with the Kids Run the Bases, presented by Rivendale Farms.
- Outstanding Teachers: This season, the Pirates and Pirates Charities teamed up with Chevron and the Grable Foundation to recognize outstanding teachers in our region and give the thanks and acknowledgement that they deserve for their contributions to our community. Today, three of the 2019 program honorees will be recognized during a special pregame ceremony. They are: Krystal Roberts, Manchester Elementary; Colleen Hinrichsen, Mars Area Centennial; and Kristen Tracy, Donaldson Elementary.
Pirates Charities 50/50 Raffles
The Pirates Charities 50/50 Raffle, supported by Rivers Casino, is back for the 2019 season. The 50/50 Raffles will take place during each Pirates home game throughout the season. Raffle ticket prices are two (2) tickets for $5, 5 tickets for $10, 20 tickets for $20 and 80 tickets for $40 with all proceeds benefiting Pirates Charities. Raffle ticket sales close after the last out in the sixth inning. The winning number will be drawn and announced in the 8th inning and the winner will receive 50 percent of the total pot. Winning numbers will also be posted on pirates.com/5050raffle within three business days.
Groups at PNC
A Pirates group outing is the perfect way to entertain clients, promote teamwork, strengthen relationships, and boost morale while experiencing an unforgettable event. Companies, schools, churches, associations, and teams will all enjoy special group pricing and benefits when bringing 10 or more people to PNC Park. For more information regarding purchasing a group package, call 1-800-BUY-BUCS or visit pirates.com/groups.
Hunt Auctions Kiosk
Located on the main concourse behind section 125, the Hunt Auctions kiosk is your one and only source for game-used and autographed items at PNC Park. Stop by to own your piece of the 2017 Pirates season or check out our new autographed and game-used products featuring Josh Bell, Corey Dickerson, Starling Marte, Jameson Taillon and more. Specially branded game-used bases from the Pirates Opening Day at PNC Park vs the Cardinals will also be available, while supplies last, at the Hunt Kiosk or by emailing Authentics@pirates.com.
Pirates Sheetz MTO Six-Packs
Pirates Sheetz MTO Six-Pack plans are priced as low as $120 and each package offers the ultimate flexibility throughout the season as fans are able to build their own plans and select from all games throughout the 2019 season. Prices for packages will vary as tickets are priced individually, per seating category, and based on the dynamic pricing system so fans are encouraged to buy early to lock in the lowest pricing by visiting pirates.com/6Pack.
- Chick-fil-A Friday Four Pack: Fans who purchase the Chick-fil-A Friday Four Pack receive four tickets to any one Pirates Friday game in April & May and get four Chick-fil-A promotional cards, each good for one Free Chick-fil-A Chicken Sandwich Meal, to be used at local participating Chick-fil-A restaurants. To purchase a Friday Four Pack, visit pirates.com/4pack.
- Papa John's Student Discount: Students now have the opportunity to get $10 tickets EVERY GAME, plus free offers and special discounts from Papa John's. Tickets will be delivered exclusively through the MLB Ballpark app. For tickets and more information, visit pirates.com/student.
- Pirates Great Taste Ticket: For only $20 per ticket, the new mobile-only ticket offer includes a seat in a great seating location at PNC Park and one complimentary beverage in the new Miller Lite Skull Bar. For more information and to purchase a Great Taste Ticket, visit pirates.com/greattaste.
- Pirates Cove (Sections 201- 205): Tickets in the right field Pirates Cove area offer a great view as well as access to the new $5 or less value items menu. Pirates Cove tickets are just $30 each and include bottomless popcorn, peanuts and soda.
- Giant Eagle Advantage Card: The Pirates and Giant Eagle partner to offer fans a chance to save up to half off on tickets to select home games. Visit pirates.com/advantagecard for more details.
- PNC Bank Pirates Card: The Pirates and PNC Bank team up to offer discounted tickets for select games at PNC Park. Fans can use their PNC Bank Pirates card and save up to half off to all Sunday through Friday games throughout the season. For tickets and more information visit pirates.com/pnccheckcard.
For a complete list of the 2019 Pirates promotions and special events, visit pirates.com/promotions.