Tuesday, September 17 - Thursday, September 19, 2019
Pirates return to PNC Park for the 12th homestand of 2019
The Pirates return to PNC Park for the 12th homestand of the season, a brief three-game series vs the Seattle Mariners.
This homestand is highlighted by the Pirates annual Roberto Clemente Day celebration on Wednesday, September 18.
Tuesday, September 17 - Pirates vs. Seattle Mariners (7:05 p.m.)
- Pup Night: Fans can enjoy Bucco baseball with their pooch as the Pirates present one of 12 Pup Nights at PNC Park. Each ticket package (1 person & 1 dog) costs just $36 with additional human tickets available for $36 each. A portion of the proceeds benefit local animal shelters and seats are limited and subject to availability. For complete information, visit pirates.com/pups.
- Pirates Play Ball Team of the Game: The Pirates continue the season-long initiative honoring a youth baseball/softball team of the game during special home games throughout 2019. Tonight, the Pirates will honor Manchester Tigers Little League as the Play Ball Team of the Game, presented by Nike.
- University Night with Carnegie Mellon: Tonight, the Pirates will host a University Night with Carnegie Mellon University. All fans who purchase University Night tickets will receive a ticket in one of two special sections and a Pirates/CMU hat. This season the Pirates will host University Nights on select dates when students, alumni, staff and fans of local universities are invited to cheer on the Pirates together at PNC Park. For complete information and a list of the 2019 University Nights visit pirates.com/universitynights.
Wednesday, September 18 - Pirates vs. Seattle Mariners (7:05 p.m.)
- The Clemente Day CARE-a-Van: Today, the Pirates and Pirates Charities will honor the life and legacy of the great Roberto Clemente with a day of service projects around the greater Pittsburgh area involving Pirates players, coaches, front office executives, staff and the Clemente family. All events will be held between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. and include: Allegheny Intermediate Unit Latino Family Center (11:30 a.m.- 12:30 p.m.) During the visit, the participants will have an opportunity to mix-and-mingle with Pirates players and coaches while enjoying authentic Spanish cuisine prepared at the center. In addition, Pirates players, coaches and guests will play a game of baseball during the visit. Pirates Charities is also donating needed supplies to the Latino Family Center's food pantry. Food is donated with the assistance of the Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank. AIU Latino Family Center supports and assists Latino families with the necessary tools and resources they need to strengthen the family unit and raise healthy and happy children. Summer Slugger School Assembly at Center Elementary School (11 a.m.- 12:45 p.m.) Pirates players and coaches will visit Center Elementary School in Plum for a morning Summer Slugger Assembly that includes games and a special player Q&A. Summer Slugger is an online summer learning loss program sponsored by Major League Baseball and Pirates Charities. The 18-week program, targeted to 4th and 5th graders, encourages students to keep up with math and literacy skills throughout the summer to help reinforce critical skills and prepare them for the next year of school. Twenty-seven schools participated in the program in 2019, and over 1,400 students used the program over the summer. Center Elementary School was one of the most engaged users. Good Sports Equipment Distribution (10:15 a.m.- 11 a.m) Today, Pirates pitcher Chris Archer will visit with kids at the Westinghouse Academy for a special equipment distribution event. The ongoing partnership between Pirates Charities and Good Sports will bring more than $13,000 in brand new sports equipment to Westinghouse Academy, with assistance from Archer. The donated gear will include items such as baseball and softball bats, gloves, helmets, and catcher's gear for the players. The event will include the distribution of equipment and a special Q&A with Archer. Operation Troop Appreciation Packing Event (11:30 a.m.- 12:45 a.m.) Pirates players and coaches will visit Operation Troop Appreciation's warehouse in West Mifflin to help with the assembly of Veterans Care Kits that will be handed out at various Stand Down events in Pittsburgh, Beaver, and Butler. Kits will include socks, shower shoes, hygiene bags, in addition to bags and winter items provided by Pirates Charities. Operation Troop Appreciation is local nonprofit organization that is dedicated to the active and veteran members of our Armed Forces who serve and sacrifice for our country. Clemente Museum (11 a.m.- 12:15 p.m.) Today, Pirates players and coaches will be joined by students from Pittsburgh Arsenal PreK- 5 as the group will receive a tour of the Roberto Clemente Museum alongside Pirates players, followed by a Q&A with the players emceed by a Pirates broadcaster. The players will then join the students for lunch and hand out gift bags. Pittsburgh Arsenal PreK-5 is a neighborhood school located in Pittsburgh's Lawrenceville community with a diverse population that provides an academic environment that focuses on developing the whole child.
- Pirates Roberto Clemente Award: Tonight, Pirates pitcher Trevor Williams will be honored as the Pirates 2019 Roberto Clemente Award recipient. Williams will be honored on the field pregame with a presentation by Vera and Roberto Clemente Jr.
- Pirates Community Commitment Program: Tonight, the Pirates will recognize one player from each of the team's minor league affiliates as the recipients of the organization's annual Pirates Community Commitment Program awards in an on-field pregame ceremony. The Community Commitment Program encourages players throughout the Pirates system to emulate Roberto Clemente's legacy of community service.
- Award Season: Tonight, the Pirates will announce the organization's Minor League Player and Pitcher of the Year Award recipients and recognize each in an on-field pregame ceremony.
- All-Star Volunteer of the Year: This season the Pirates teamed up with Pittsburgh Cares to combine two great all-American pastimes, baseball and volunteerism. Fans were eligible to receive two complimentary tickets for every four hours of community service, verified by Pittsburgh Cares, from the Pirates season opener in March, through Friday, August 31. Tonight, as part of the Pirates and Pittsburgh Cares Volunteer All-Star Program, Michael Smith will be recognized as the program's 2019 Volunteer of the Year. Smith served 42 hours of community service in that time, the most of any participating volunteer.
Thursday, September 19 - Pirates vs. Seattle Mariners (12:35 p.m.)
- Military Day: Come out to support and honor our brave American military service men and women. The Pirates will wear their Military Day jerseys and special caps.
- On Field Military Ceremony: As part of today's Military Day efforts, a group from the Heroes Supporting Heroes organization will be honored during a pregame on-field ceremony and hosted in the Pirates Charities Suite. The vision of Heroes Supporting heroes is to support stable and safe housing for military members and their families, senior citizens and others in need.
- 50/50 Raffle: Today's Pirates Charities 50/50 Raffle, supported by Rivers Casino, will benefit the Heroes Supporting Heroes organization.
2020 Renewals and Information
Throughout the homestand fans looking to renew their Pirates Season Tickets for 2020 or fans looking for 2020 Season Ticket information including available plans, benefits and more, may visit our special Season Ticket area in the Jim Beam Left Field Lounge. The 2020 schedule along with the promotions schedule has been released, so now is a great time to reserve your seats and make us a part of your summer plans for next year! For complete information on all available season ticket plans, please visit pirates.com/2020.
Pierogy Race Sweepstakes
The Pirates have partnered with Mrs. T's Pierogies to give fans the chance to take part in the Great Pittsburgh Pierogy Race at PNC Park. Now through September 18, 2019, fans can enter for a chance to be on the field during the Pierogy Race and take part as a "Race Official." One winner will be chosen for each remaining Sunday home game and fans can enter at pirates.com/pierogyrace. Each winner will receive four tickets for one 2019 Pittsburgh Pirates Sunday regular season home game; the opportunity for the Winner and his/her three guests to be on the field for the Pierogy Race and for Winner (or one of his/her guests) to serve as the "Race Official"; and one Pittsburgh Pirates-themed prize pack consisting of merchandise and/or memorabilia items.
2020 Group Deposits
Here is your chance to see all the big games with friends and family at PNC Park in 2020. Place your 2020 Group Deposit to reserve your outing and lock in the lowest group rates of the season with flexible payment options. Group leaders who place a deposit by Friday, November 1st will receive an invite for two to our 2019 Holiday Event. For complete information and to plan your group outing, visit pirates.com/groups.
Hunt Auctions Kiosk
Located on the main concourse behind section 125, the Hunt Auctions kiosk is your one and only source for game-used and autographed items at PNC Park. Stop by to own your piece of the 2018 Pirates season or check out our new autographed and game-used products featuring Josh Bell, Starling Marte, Jameson Taillon and more.
- Chick-fil-A Friday Pack: Thru this great offer, fans get four tickets to any remaining Pirates Friday game in August and September along with four Chick-fil-A® promotional cards, each good for one free Chick-fil-A chicken sandwich meal to be used at local participating Chick-fil-A restaurants. For more information, visit pirates.com/4pack.
- Papa John's Student Discount: Students now have the opportunity to get $10 tickets EVERY GAME, plus free offers and special discounts from Papa John's. Tickets will be delivered exclusively through the MLB Ballpark app. For tickets and more information, visit pirates.com/student.
- Pirates Great Taste Ticket: For only $20 per ticket, the new mobile-only ticket offer includes a seat in a great seating location at PNC Park and one complimentary beverage in the new Miller Lite Skull Bar. For more information and to purchase a Great Taste Ticket, visit pirates.com/greattaste.
- Pirates Cove (Sections 201- 205): Tickets in the right field Pirates Cove area offer a great view as well as access to the new $5 or less value items menu. Pirates Cove tickets are just $30 each and include bottomless popcorn, peanuts and soda.
- Giant Eagle Advantage Card: The Pirates and Giant Eagle partner to offer fans a chance to save up to half off on tickets to select home games. Visit pirates.com/advantagecard for more details.
- PNC Bank Pirates Card: The Pirates and PNC Bank team up to offer discounted tickets for select games at PNC Park. Fans can use their PNC Bank Pirates card and save up to half off to all Sunday through Friday games throughout the season. For tickets and more information visit pirates.com/pnccheckcard.
For a complete list of the 2019 Pirates promotions and special events, visit pirates.com/promotions.