The Pirates return to PNC Park for the fourth homestand of the season, a nine-game stop vs the San Francisco Giants, the Chicago White Sox and the San Diego Padres.
The homestand is highlighted by Free Shirt Friday and Dollar Dog Night on Friday, May 11; Donate Life Night on Saturday, May 12; all moms are invited to the ballpark for a special day on Mother's Day, Sunday, May 13; and Play Ball Day on Sunday, May 20.
Friday, May 11, 2018 -- Pirates vs. San Francisco Giants (7:05 p.m.)
• Walk for a Wish: Tonight, the Pirates will welcome Daniel Perritano and his daughter Emma on the field at PNC Park as they complete their fundraising walk from Erie to Pittsburgh. The Perritanos walked the more than 100 miles to raise awareness and funds for the Make-a-Wish Foundation. Emma, who has cerebal palsy, was a 2009 Wish recipient and the Perritanos will take part in a pregame on-field ceremony and the Pirates will host the family in a luxury suite for the game.
• Free Shirt Friday: Tonight, the Pirates popular Free Shirt Fridays continue as the first 20,000 fans, with paid admission, will receive a Pirates tee, presented by Peoples.
• Dollar Dog Night: As a special thank you to the fans, the Pirates announced the Dollar Dog fan value promotion, presented by Sugardale, on select Friday nights at PNC Park. During one of the eight "Dollar Dog" nights throughout the season, fans can visit any North Shore concession stand throughout the ballpark and purchase regular hot dogs for just one dollar each.
• Beer Passport Night: Beer Passport ticket holders 21-and-older are invited to a 90-minute beer sampling event that begins when gates open at 5:30 p.m. For more information and to order tickets, visit pirates.com/beerpassport.
• Paint Monkey: Join the Pirates as they partner with Paint Monkey to create a Pirates masterpiece. Enjoy a pregame painting session (canvases are pre-sketched) on the Miller Lite Rooftop and stay for the game afterwards. Prices start at $65 per date and include a space in one painting class and one seat to the game. Additional guest tickets, for those not wanting to take part in painting, are available for $35. For more information visit pirates.com/paintmonkey.
Saturday, May 12 , 2018 -- Pirates vs. San Francisco Giants (7:0 5 p.m.)
• Bleacher Cooler Bag: Tonight, the first 20,000 fans with paid admission will receive a Pirates bleacher cooler bag, presented by Mrs. T's Pierogies.
• Donate Life Night: Tonight, the Pirates will celebrate organ donation and organ donors in our community with Donate Life Night at PNC Park. The night will include a resource fair on Federal Street, along with special ticket packages to support deserving area nonprofits. For complete information and tickets, visit pirates.com/DonateLife.
o On Field Recognition: Tonight, as part of Donate Life Night, the Pirates will welcome Diana Zippay and Melissa Deighan in an on-field pregame ceremony. Zippay, a kidney transplant recipient, will be joined by Deighan who made her kidney transplant possible. Zippay became a viral sensation after her children made a plea for their mom through a Facebook video. After watching the Facebook video, Melissa was moved to become a donor.
• Cornhole Classic: Today, on Federal Street is the third annual Pirates Cornhole Classic at PNC Park, courtesy of Steel City Cornhole. This double-elimination tournament will start at noon. Cash prizes will be awarded for the top three teams. Team cost is $100 and includes two Infield Box tickets for this evening's game. Additional guest tickets for the game are available. For entry and more information visit pirates.com/cornhole.
• Nurses Night: In conjunction with National Nurses week, celebrate all local nurses as the Pirates host the first Nurses Night of 2018 at PNC Park. Tickets for the night are specially priced for nurses, their family and friends and are available at pirates.com/nurses.
Sunday, May 13, 2018 -- Pirates vs. San Francisco Giants (1:35 p.m.) -- Mother's Day/ Kids Day
• Mother's Day First Pitch: Today, Pirates players and their moms will take part in a special pregame ceremonial first pitch in celebration of Mother's Day.
• MLB Honorary Bat Girl: Major League Baseball's Honorary Bat Girl program was introduced in 2009 to raise additional awareness and support for the annual "Going to Bat Against Breast Cancer" initiative celebrated on Mother's Day. In seven years, thousands of unique testimonials have been submitted and more than 2 million fan votes have been cast. Going to Bat Against Breast Cancer is a Major League Baseball initiative supported by MLB charitable partners, Stand Up To Cancer and Susan G. Komen. This initiative raises awareness about breast cancer, while also raising funds to support breast cancer research. The Honorary Bat Girl program recognizes baseball fans who have been affected by breast cancer and who have demonstrated a commitment to eradicating the disease. Today, the Pirates will honor two very special women, Dana Gorajewski and Jocelyn Blystone, in a pregame on-field ceremony. Dana will be recognized as the Pirates national Honorary Bat Girl with Jocelyn honored as the local recipient.
• Sunday Soldier Salute: In honor of Mother's Day, today's Pirates Sunday Solider salute are two special military wives (moms), Katie Kovacic and Amy Grala, and their kids. Both Kovacic and Grala's husbands -- Sgt. John Kovacic and Master Sgt. Matthew Grala -- are currently deployed to Kuwait.
• American Heart Association Day: Today, fans are invited to come out to PNC Park and support the American Heart Association. A portion of the proceeds from each special ticket sold through pirates.com/AHA will benefit the American Heart Association and its life saving mission.
• Jump Rope for Heart: Students from the tri-state area are offered the opportunity to attend a Pirates game through their participation in fundraising tied to Jump Rope for Heart and Hoops for Heart through the American Heart Association. The top three fundraisers from each school will be recognized on the warning track prior to the start of today's game.
• Kids Day: Come down early and join the fun as the #1 Cochran Family Fun Zone will be open on Federal Street from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Lined up outside PNC Park will be inflatable rides, face painting, information about the Bucaroos Kids Club, presented by Chick-fil-A and more.
• Kids Drawstring: Today, all kids ages 14 and younger, with paid admission, will receive a special Pirates drawstring bag, presented by Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield together with Allegheny Health Network.
• Just for Mom: Today, in celebration of Mother's Day, all moms in attendance will receive a Pirates beach bag, presented by Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield together with Allegheny Health Network.
• Kids AND MOMS Run the Bases: Kids attending today's game are invited to stick around after to run the bases on the field at PNC Park with the Kids Run the Bases, presented by Rivendale. Today, in celebration of Mother's Day, all moms in attendance are welcome to run the bases with their kids.
Monday, May 14, 2018 -- Off Day
• Baseball Tomorrow Fund (BTF) Field Maintenance Clinic: The Pirates will partner with BTF to host a field maintenance educational clinic at PNC Park beginning at 10 a.m. for area school districts, municipalities and youth baseball and softball organizations. The one-of-a-kind educational clinic will be led by members of the PNC Park Grounds Crew for preregistered attendees and will feature information on field preparation and maintenance.
Tuesday, May 15, 2018 -- Pirates vs. Chicago White Sox (7:05 p.m.)
• Pirates Rivendale Patio Garden: Today, the Pirates, Pirates Charities, and Rivendale will officially open the Rivendale Patio Garden on the Rivendale Suite Level, part of the Pirates' "Let's Go Bucs, Let's Go Green" greening program.
• Pups in the Park: Fans can enjoy Bucco baseball with their pooch as the Pirates host one of 11 Pup Nights, presented by Rachael Ray Nutrish, at PNC Park. Each ticket package (1 person & 1 dog) costs just $36 with additional human tickets available for $36 each. A portion of the proceeds benefit local animal shelters and seats are limited and subject to availability. For complete information, visit pirates.com/pups.
• Pirates Play Ball Team of the Game: The Pirates continue the season-long initiative honoring a youth baseball/softball team(s) of the game during every Tuesday home game. Tonight, the Pirates will honor the Montour U8 Youth Travel Team. The Montour travel team requires all kids who participate to play in the local inhouse league to be considered, a unique stipulation that is helping to give all kids the opportunity to play baseball and softball.
• Perfect Pitch: Tonight, athletes from the Western PA School for the Deaf who participated in the eighth annual Perfect Pitch Baseball and Softball Clinic hosted by Pirates Charities at PNC Park on May 7, will be participating in on-field pregame ceremonies. Students selected by the school will be the "Fan of the Game", sign the National Anthem and will enjoy the game in the Pirates Charities Suite. At the clinic, deaf and hard of hearing students in grades seven through 12 received on-field instruction from collegiate and former professional players. Special guests included former Pirates manager Jim Leyland and Pirates alumni Grant Jackson.
• Mentoring Partnership Day: The Pirates have teamed up with The Mentoring Partnership (TPB) to create a public service announcement with Pirates Coaches to highlight the influence that mentors can have on a child. The Mentoring Partnership advances mentoring in Western PA to ignite community involvement, strengthen programs and empower youth to succeed in life. Working with the staff and volunteers of local programs and community and corporate leaders, TMP is dedicated to making sure that any child who wants or needs a mentor has access to a caring adult who can encourage and support them. Tonight, several local mentoring organizations, along with TMP, are in attendance thanks to the Commissioner's Community Initiative ticket donation program.
Wednesday, May 16, 2018 -- Pirates vs. Chicago White Sox (12:35 p.m.)
• Education Day: The Pittsburgh Pirates Education Days combine science, math, geography and history to create a fun and educational opportunity at PNC Park. Today, Education Day will begin at 9:30 a.m. as WPXI's Stephen Cropper and the National Weather Service's Fred Redden will give a live interactive weather presentation on the PNC Park scoreboard. When PNC Park gates open at 11 a.m., each student will be given an interactive workbook as their teachers guide them through the ballpark on a treasure hunt. Students will visit several locations throughout PNC Park including Legacy Square, ballpark concession stands and the weather station located behind center field. They will search for answers to a variety of questions about baseball, science, math, history, and geography. Students can continue to collect information throughout the game and answer questions pertaining to baseball statistics about Pirates players. Pirates Charities wishes to thank our underwriting partners -- PPG Industries Foundation, Chevron and Great American Opportunities -- for their generous support of this educational (and fun) initiative. For tickets and information visit pirates.com/EducationDays.
Thursday, May 17, 2018 -- Pirates vs. San Diego Padres (7:05 p.m.)
• Military Day: Come out to support and honor our brave American military service men and women. The Pirates will wear their new Military Days jerseys and special caps.
• On Field Military Ceremony: As part of today's Military Day efforts, a group from the Veterans Breakfast Club will be honored during a pregame on-field ceremony and hosted in the Pirates Charities Suite. The mission of the Veterans Breakfast Club is to create communities of listening around veterans and their stories to ensure that this living history will never be forgotten. The Veterans Breakfast Club believes that through this work, people will be educated, healed and inspired.
• 50/50 Raffle: Today's Pirates Charities 50/50 Raffle, supported by Rivers Casino, will benefit the Veterans Breakfast Club.
• Runners Night: Join us tonight for the fourth annual Runners Night at PNC Park, presented by Fleet Feet Sports Pittsburgh. All Runner's Night guests will be invited to stay after the game to run the bases on the PNC Park field after the game. Tickets and complete information is available at pirates.com/RunnersNight.
Friday, May 18, 2018 -- Pirates vs. San Diego Padres (7:05 p.m.)
• Pittsburgh Public Schools (PPS) "Take A Father to School Day": PPS will welcome fathers, grandfathers, uncles and positive male role models to participate in the nationally recognized "Take A Father to School Day." Every school throughout the PPS District will have a special activity or event planned to celebrate the day. Pirates celebrities and mascots will participate in a dads and kids game of catch at Langley High School and Chartiers Elementary School, both slated to begin around 11 a.m. (Times are subject to change)
• Breaking Barriers Pirates Day Celebration: The Pirates will host students from Albert Gallatin North Middle School's seventh grade class to congratulate them on submitting the most Breaking Barriers essay entries in our region. More than 120 essays were submitted from the school. The greater Pittsburgh region had 31 schools and over 800 students participate in this national program.
• Zambelli Fireworks Night: Fans are encouraged to stay in their seats immediately following the game and enjoy an amazing Zambelli Fireworks International fireworks display, courtesy of 84 Lumber, set to Star Wars music.
• Star Wars Night: The Pirates invite you, your family, and friends and fellow Jedi Masters to the fourth Star Wars Night at PNC Park. Join us for a special themed night that includes appearances by Star Wars characters on Federal Street and concourses pregame for photos. The first 1,000 fans to order tickets online at pirates.com/starwars will also receive the official Pirates Star Wars T-Shirt.
• University Night with Indiana University of Pennsylvania: Tonight, the Pirates will host University Night with Indiana University of Pennsylvania. All fans who purchase University Night tickets will receive a ticket in one of two special sections and a Pirates/IUP hat. This season the Pirates will host 10 University Nights on select dates. Students, alumni and fans of local universities are invited to cheer on the Pirates together at PNC Park. For complete information and a list of the 2018 University Nights visit pirates.com/universitynights.
Saturday, May 19, 2018 -- Pirates vs. San Diego Padres (7:05 p.m.)
• Pirates Vintage Bobble: Tonight, the first 20,000 fans with paid admission will receive a Pirates vintage bobblehead, presented by AT&T SportsNet.
• Barre at the Ballpark: Join the Pirates for a unique pre-game pop-up barre class led by instructors from Pure Barre before today's game at PNC Park. Tickets are just $30 and include a one-hour class on Federal Street at the base of the Clemente Bridge and a Corner Box ticket to the game. For tickets and more information, visit pirates.com/barre.
• Down Syndrome Awareness Night: Tonight, the Pirates will host Down Syndrome Awareness Night at PNC Park to help create awareness around Down Syndrome. A portion of the proceeds from each ticket sold thru this special offer will benefit the Down Syndrome Awareness Association of Pittsburgh. For tickets and information, visit pirates.com/downsyndrome.
• Nurses Night: Celebrate nurses as the Pirates host the second Nurses Nights at PNC. Tickets for the night are specially priced for nurses, their family and friends and are available at pirates.com/nurses. The first 100 people to sign up for the May 19th game will be a part of a "Catch on the Field" following the game.
Sunday, May 20, 2018 -- Pirates vs. San Diego Padres (1:35 p.m.) -- Kids Day
• Play Ball: The Play Ball morning on-field event will include interactive baseball/softball related activities including hitting, defensive stations, pitching in the bullpen, and more. Each station will be led by members of the Pirates coaching staff. Play Ball is free of charge and is open to all area youth ages 5 to 14 years of age; advanced registration is required and all spots will be filled on a first-come-first served basis. To register, please visit pirates.com/playball2018.
• "Bucco Talk": All youth baseball and softball athletes and Play Ball participants are invited to attend a special "Bucco Talk" event with Pirates infielder Josh Harrison, Pirates Broadcaster and Alum John Wehner, and Pirates hitting coaches Jeff Branson and Jeff Livesey to discuss hitting, and to offer tips and drills that kids can practice at home. This Q&A will take place from 11 to 11:30 a.m. in the first base stands (celebrities are subject to change without notice).
• Youth Baseball and Softball Day: The first 1,000 players and coaches to register as a team will participate in a special pre-game ceremony on the field for Youth Baseball and Softball Days. Kids can run the bases following the game. Players and coaches are encouraged to wear their team's jersey. For tickets and complete information, visit pirates.com/youthbaseballandsoftball. Youth Baseball and Softball participants are invited to the special pregame Bucco Talk with Josh Harrison and Pirates coaches.
• Special Play Ball Kids Day on Federal Street: Come down early and join the fun as the #1 Cochran Family Fun Zone will be open on Federal Street from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Lined up outside PNC Park will be inflatable rides, face painting, information about the Bucaroos Kids Club, presented by Chick-fil-A and, in addition to these regularly scheduled activities, and as part of our Play Ball events, there will be interactive baseball/softball-themed activities, including a Diamond Kinetics station, a pitching station and more.
• Allergy Awareness Day: Today, the Pirates are pleased to host Food Allergy Awareness Night at PNC Park that will feature a "Peanut Controlled Section" on the Pirates left field Miller Lite Rooftop. The Rooftop will be specially sanitized for peanuts and peanut vendors will be prohibited from entering the area. For more information, visit pirates.com/allergyawareness.
• Kids Wristbands: Today, all kids ages 14 and younger, with paid admission, will receive a special Pirates kids wristbands, presented by DICK'S Sporting Goods.
• Kids Run the Bases: Kids attending today's game are invited to stick around after to run the bases on the field at PNC Park with the Kids Run the Bases, presented by Rivendale.
Monday, May 21 -- Off Day
• Pirates Charities Golf Classic: Today is the Pirates Charities 13th Annual Golf Classic, presented by Allegheny Health Network, at the Fox Chapel Golf Club. Participants will have the unique opportunity to spend the day with current and former Pirates players, broadcasters and front office executives while supporting the many and varied efforts of Pirates Charities throughout the year.
Pirates Charities 50/50 Raffles
The Pirates Charities 50/50 Raffle, supported by Rivers Casino, will take place during each Pirates home game throughout the season. Raffle ticket prices are two (2) tickets for $5, five (5) tickets for $10, 20 tickets for $20 and 80 tickets for $40, with all proceeds benefiting Pirates Charities. Raffle ticket sales close after the last out in the sixth inning. The winning number will be drawn and announced in the 8th inning and the winner will receive 50 percent of the total pot. Winning numbers will also be posted on pirates.com/5050raffle within three business days.
The Ballpark app for iPhone and Android smartphones is the official MLB ballpark phone app for PNC Park. The app compliments and personalizes your trips to PNC Park with mobile check-ins, social media, offers, promotions and exclusive content. Entering its sixth season, Ballpark delivers fully intuitive integration of locally focused technology with a leaguewide feature set, including team customization, exclusive video highlights, seat and experience upgrade capabilities; MyTickets Mobile for in-app ticket management, delivery and storage of every ticket sold and content integration with ballpark video screens. In addition, the Ballpark App is now featuring the Food and Beverage Finder, answering all of your questions as to where the best concessions are throughout PNC Park.
New for 2018, get exclusive offers just for students with the Pirates Papa John's Student Pass-- available through mobile delivery! Students with a .edu email address will be able to purchase tickets through the MLB Ballpark app. Text STUDENT to 61592 to receive Papa John's Student Pass offers. Your first Student Pass purchase gets you a FREE large one-topping Papa John's pizza. You may pick up your coupon during that game at the MLB Ballpark app kiosk located on the Riverwalk at PNC Park before the end of the 4th inning. The Papa John's Student Pass is a new type of ticket that gives students access to special offers throughout the season.
Hunt Auctions Kiosk
Located on the main concourse behind section 125, the Hunt Auctions kiosk is your one and only source for game-used and autographed items at PNC Park. Stop by to own your piece of the 2018 Pirates season and check out our new autographed and game-used products featuring Josh Bell, Josh Harrison, Starling Marte, Jameson Taillon and more. Specially branded game-used bases and more will be available, while supplies last, at the Hunt Kiosk or by emailing Authentics@pirates.com.
Slice Family 4-Pack
The Slice Family 4-Pack is a value-packed ticket package perfect for your next trip to PNC Park. The package includes four (4) tickets to any Monday-Thursday Pirates home game (excluding Opening Day), one large, one-topping pizza from Slice on Broadway at PNC Park and four 16 oz. fountain drinks.
The Pirates announced the return of University Nights at PNC Park on select dates throughout the 2018 season. The nights are in partnership with local universities, and fans who purchase University Night tickets will receive a ticket in one of two special sections and a special co-branded Pirates cap. Students, alumni and fans of local universities are invited to cheer on the Pirates together at PNC Park. The caps for the program are available only with the special University Night tickets. For complete information, visit pirates.com/universitynights.
• Indiana University of Pennsylvania: Friday, May 18
• Penn State University: Saturday, June 16
• Robert Morris University: Wednesday, June 20
• West Virginia University: Thursday, June 21
• Edinboro University: Saturday, June 23
• University of Pittsburgh: Tuesday, July 10
• California University of Pennsylvania: Friday, September 7
• Duquesne University: Friday, September 21
• Slippery Rock University: Sunday, September 23
Pirates Six-Pack plans are priced as low as $114 and each package offers the ultimate flexibility as well as $15 in Loaded Value, as fans are able to build their own plans and select from all games throughout the 2018 season. Prices for packages will vary as tickets are priced individually, per seating category, and based on the dynamic pricing system so fans are encouraged to buy early to lock in the lowest pricing by visiting pirates.com/6Pack.
Pirates Season Ticket Plans
Full Season, 41-game and 20-game season tickets are available for the 2018 season. Full and partial-season ticket plans feature exclusive benefits including experiences, guaranteed seats for the biggest games, discounted ticket prices, plus much more. For more information regarding purchasing a season ticket plan, call 1-800-BUY-BUCS or visit pirates.com/tickets.
• Pirates Cove (Sections 201- 205): Tickets in the right field Pirates Cove area offer a great view as well as access to the new $5 or less value items menu. Pirates Cove tickets are just $30 each and include bottomless popcorn, peanuts and soda.
• Giant Eagle Advantage Card: The Pirates and Giant Eagle partner to offer fans a chance to save up to $10 on tickets for Sunday through Friday home games. Visit pirates.com/advantagecard for more details.
• PNC Bank Pirates Card: The Pirates and PNC Bank team up to offer discounted tickets for select games at PNC Park. Fans can use their PNC Bank Pirates card and save up to $10 on select games throughout the season, including their great Thursday special where card holders can purchase buy one get one Outfield Box tickets. For tickets and more information visit pirates.com/pnccheckcard.
• Port Authority ConnectCard: Get specially-priced tickets with your Port Authority ConnectCard! Save up to $10 this season on Sunday thru Friday games at PNC Park, PAT card holders can purchase Grandstand tickets for only $10 to all Wednesday games throughout the season. For tickets and more information visit pirates.com/connectcard.
For a complete list of the 2018 Pirates promotions and special events, visit pirates.com/promotions.