The Pirates return to PNC Park for the seventh homestand of the season, a 10-game stop vs the Cincinnati Reds, Milwaukee Brewers and Arizona Diamondbacks.
The homestand is highlighted by Free Shirt Friday and Dollar Dog Night on Friday, June 15; Hawaiian Shirt Night on Saturday, June 16; Saturday Night Block Parties on June 16 and June 23 and Sunday Kids Days on June 17 and June 24.
Friday, June 15, 2018 -- Pirates vs. Cincinnati Reds (7:05 p.m.)
• Chevron STEM Zone: Pirates executives and staff will be joined by Chevron employees and representatives from
the Children's Museum of Pittsburgh this morning at PNC Park to open the Chevron STEM Zone -- an experiential, hands-on learning exhibit along PNC Park's Riverwalk. Designed in partnership with the Children's Museum of Pittsburgh, the STEM Zone includes educational exercises and interactive displays focused on the science of the game.
• Vegan Night: Join the Pirates, vegan enthusiasts, and all animal lovers for our second Vegan Night at PNC Park. Each ticket includes access to the exclusive Vegan Menu in the Picnic Park from 5:30 to 7 p.m. and a Corner Box seat for tonight's game. Order your tickets now at pirates.com/Vegan to take advantage of the pregame picnic menu that includes a Hawaiian macaroni salad, baked beans, vegan burger and more.
• Free Shirt Friday: Tonight, the Pirates popular Free Shirt Fridays continue as the first 20,000 fans, with paid admission, will receive a Pirates tee, presented by Sheetz.
• Dollar Dog Night: As a special thank you to the fans, the Pirates announced the Dollar Dog fan value promotion, presented by Sugardale, on select Friday nights at PNC Park. During one of the eight "Dollar Dog" nights throughout the season, fans can visit any North Shore concession stand throughout the ballpark and purchase regular hot dogs for just one dollar each.
• Beer Passport Night: Beer Passport ticket holders ages 21 and older are invited to a 90-minute beer sampling event that begins when gates open at 5:30 p.m. For more information and to order tickets, visit pirates.com/beerpassport.
• Suicide Prevention Awareness Night: The Pirates along with Prevent Suicide PA and the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention invite you to join us for Suicide Prevention Awareness Night at PNC Park. Come out to support the Pirates while raising awareness for suicide prevention as a portion of all ticket proceeds go to support Prevent Suicide PA and the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention. For complete information and to order tickets visit pirates.com/stopsuicide.
Saturday, June 16, 2018 -- Pirates vs. Cincinnati Reds (4:05 p.m.)
• Pitch, Hit and Run: Today from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m., the Pirates will host the Pitch, Hit and Run Team
Championship on the field at PNC Park. Pitch, Hit & Run is an exciting baseball/softball skills competition that provides boys and girls, ages seven to 14, the opportunity to showcase their pitching, hitting and running abilities. Competitors in the Team Championship, one hosted by each MLB Club, have earned their way by winning their Local and Sectional competitions. The top scores nationwide at Team Championships earn an all-expense paid trip to the MLB All-Star Game to compete in the National Finals competition.
• Hawaiian Shirt Night: Today, the first 20,000 fans with paid admission will receive a Pirates Hawaiian shirt, presented by AT&T SportsNet.
• Block Party: Come down early to join us before today's game for the Margaritaville Saturday Jim Beam Block Party starting at 2:30 p.m. on Federal Street. Fans are invited to come party on the street as food and beer sales will be available and a live music with Tom Watt & the Fruitcakes. Pirates alumni Vernon Law will sign autographs at the Leinenkugel Bar that will be located on Federal Street.
• University Night with Penn State: Today, the Pirates will host University Night with Penn State University. All fans who purchase University Night tickets will receive a ticket in one of two special sections and a Pirates/PSU hat. This season the Pirates will host 10 University Nights on select dates. Students, alumni and fans of local universities are invited to cheer on the Pirates together at PNC Park. For complete information and a list of the 2018 University Nights visit pirates.com/universitynights.
• THON Night: Today, join fellow Penn State students, alumni and fans to help raise money For The Kids in support of the annual PSU THON. THON is a student-run philanthropy committed to enhancing the lives of children and families impacted by childhood cancer. A portion of ticket proceeds through this offer will be donated to the Penn State IFC/Panhellenic Dance Marathon. For tickets and more information, visit pirates.com/THON.
• Domestic Violence Awareness: Today, the Pirates along with Pennsylvania Coalition Against Domestic Violence, Domestic Violence Services of Southwestern PA, Women's Center and Shelter of Greater Pittsburgh, and more invite fans to join us in saying NO MORE to domestic violence and sexual assault during this year's Domestic Violence Awareness DAY at PNC Park. Be sure to stop by the Federal Street Resource Fair to learn more about PA SAYS NO MORE campaign.
• Pregame Ceremony: Today in a pregame ceremony, the Pirates will recognize Todd Smith, the 2018 PCADV's Excellence in Male Leader Award Winner -- this award honors community leaders who demonstrate healthy masculinity, promote healthy relationships, serve as a positive mentor to boys and young men, and who are allies to those working as advocates against domestic and sexual violence.
Sunday, June 17, 2018 -- Pirates vs. Cincinnati Reds (1:35 p.m.) -- Father's Day and Kids Day
• Catch for Cancer: This Father's Day, the Pirates have partnered with Allegheny Health Network (AHN) to host
"Catch for Cancer," a fundraising and awareness event for prostate cancer, from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. inside PNC Park. Fundraisers will have the opportunity to play catch on the field at PNC Park, receive complimentary tickets to the afternoon game, and a chance to win autographed merchandise. The top three fundraisers will have an exclusive opportunity to meet players Josh Harrison, Francisco Cervelli, or Jameson Taillon.
• Kids Day: Come down early and join the fun as the #1 Cochran Family Fun Zone will be open on Federal Street from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Lined up outside PNC Park will be inflatable rides, face painting, information about the Bucaroos Kids Club, presented by Chick-fil-A and more.
• Kids and Dads Cap: Today, all kids ages 14 and younger and dads, with paid admission, will receive a special Pirates cap, presented by Kennywood.
• Kids AND Dads Run the Bases: Kids attending today's game are invited to stick around after to run the bases on the field at PNC Park with the Kids Run the Bases, presented by Rivendale. Today, in celebration of Father's Day, all dads in attendance are welcome to run the bases with their kids.
• Girl Scouts Day: Today the Pirates present Girl Scouts Day at PNC Park, a celebration of area Girl Scouts and their families and friends. Participating Girl Scouts will also receive a Pittsburgh Pirates Girl Scout Day patch. For tickets and more information, visit pirates.com/girlscouts.
Monday, June 18, 2018 -- Pirates vs. Milwaukee Brewers (7:05 p.m.)
• Action Math: Tonight, Pirates General Manager Neal Huntington and his wife Becca will participate in a special
pregame on-field ceremony recognizing the winners of Pirates Charities Action Math Baseball World Series. The winning team, the Thunder Badgers from Valley Grove School District, competed against 55 other teams at the May 5 Action Math Baseball World Series. The event was the culmination of a season where over 2,000 students around the region used baseball statistics to learn math concepts and play simulated baseball games.
Tuesday, June 19, 2018 -- Pirates vs. Milwaukee Brewers (7:05 p.m.)
• Pups in the Park: Fans can enjoy Bucco baseball with their pooch as the Pirates host one of 11 Pup Nights,
presented by Rachael Ray Nutrish, at PNC Park. Each ticket package (1 person & 1 dog) costs just $36 with additional human tickets available for $36 each. A portion of the proceeds benefit local animal shelters and seats are limited and subject to availability. For complete information, visit pirates.com/pups.
• Pirates Play Ball Team of the Game: The Pirates continue the season-long initiative honoring a youth baseball/softball team(s) of the game during every Tuesday home game. Tonight, the Pirates will honor the Seton LaSalle Varsity Softball Team. The Seton LaSalle team won the WPIAL Class 2A Section 1 and senior shortstop, Lexi Wagner, was recently named the Gatorade Pennsylvania Player of the Year for softball. Wagner hit .680 with 14 home runs and 39 RBIs and is now committed to play at the University of Oregon.
Wednesday, June 20, 2018 -- Pirates vs. Milwaukee Brewers (7:05 p.m.)
• Meeting with Andy: Tonight, Pirates Season Ticket Holders will have the opportunity to meet with Pirates alumni,
five-time gold glove outfielder Andy Van Slyke. Tonight's meet and greet is in the PNC Park Press Conference Room
from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. and is exclusively for Season Ticket Holders who preregistered for the event.
• University Night with Robert Morris: Tonight, the Pirates will host University Night with Robert Morris
University. All fans who purchase University Night tickets will receive a ticket in one of two special sections and a Pirates/RMU hat. This season the Pirates will host 10 University Nights on select dates. Students, alumni and fans of local universities are invited to cheer on the Pirates together at PNC Park. For complete information and a list of the 2018 University Nights visit pirates.com/universitynights.
• Clear Thoughts Foundation Night: Tonight, the Pirates and the Clear Thoughts Foundation invite you to join us for Clear Thoughts Foundation Night, to help raise funds for research to find a cure for dementia. For tickets and more information, visit pirates.com/CTF.
• Alzheimer's Awareness Night: Tonight, the Pirates join with the Alzheimer's Association to host Alzheimer's Awareness Night as we work to continue the movement to end Alzheimer's disease. A portion of each ticket purchased through this offer will go towards the Alzheimer's Association's The Longest Day fundraising efforts. For tickets and information, visit pirates.com/ALZ.
Thursday, June 21, 2018 -- Pirates vs. Arizona Diamondbacks (7:05 p.m.)
• Military Day: Come out to support and honor our brave American military service men and women. The Pirates
will wear their new Military Days jerseys and special caps.
• On-Field Military Ceremony: As part of today's Military Day efforts, a group from the Heroes Supporting Heroes
will be honored during a pregame on-field ceremony and hosted in the Pirates Charities Suite. The mission of Heroes Supporting Heroes is to support stable and safe housing for military members and their families, senior citizens and others in need.
• 50/50 Raffle: Today's Pirates Charities 50/50 Raffle, supported by Rivers Casino, will benefit the Heroes Supporting Heroes.
• Season Ticket Holders Tailgate: Tonight, Pirates Season Ticket Holders will have the chance to take part in a special pregame catered tailgate in Picnic Park on the PNC Riverwalk. Tonight's tailgate is exclusively for Season Ticket Holders who preregistered for the event.
• University Night with West Virginia University: Tonight, the Pirates will host University Night with West Virginia University. All fans who purchase University Night tickets will receive a ticket in one of two special sections and a Pirates/WVU hat. This season the Pirates will host 10 University Nights on select dates. Students, alumni and fans of local universities are invited to cheer on the Pirates together at PNC Park. For complete information and a list of the 2018 University Nights visit pirates.com/universitynights.
Friday, June 22, 2018 -- Pirates vs. Arizona Diamondbacks (7:05 p.m.)
• Miller Lite Happy Hour: Tonight, and now every Friday Night home game, the Pirates will host a special Happy
Hour, presented by Miller Lite, at the Crow's Nest bar from 5:30 to 7 p.m. Visit the Crow's Nest Bar for half-priced
cans of Miller Lite, Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy and Blue Moon.
• Zambelli Fireworks Night: Fans are encouraged to stay in their seats immediately following the game and enjoy
an amazing Zambelli Fireworks International fireworks display.
Saturday, June 23, 2018 -- Pirates vs. Arizona Diamondbacks (4:05 p.m.)
• Wiffle Ball Tournament: The Pirates are teaming up with the City of Pittsburgh Department of Public Safety for a
youth wiffle ball tournament at Highmark Stadium from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Each of the six Pittsburgh police zones will field a squad of kids ages 8-12 who will team with police officers from their zones to compete in a fun and interactive environment. The police officers, who will act as coaches and all-time pitchers for their teams, are searching for new ways to engage youth in the neighborhoods they patrol in an effort to promote a positive image and environment. City firefighters will serve as umpires for the morning event.
• Project 34 Day: Today, Pirates Charities and Pirates pitcher Trevor Williams and his wife Jackie, through their Project 34 initiative, will host area patients who suffer from spinal cord injuries, along with their families, for a game at PNC Park. The group will enjoy Pirates batting practice as well as the game from a Pirates World Series Suite. In addition, the Pirates Charities 50/50 Raffle will benefit Project 34, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization founded by Williams to positively impact the lives of those living with a spinal cord injury by providing necessary medical equipment, assistive devices, and aiding in the cost for physical therapy. Trevor was inspired by the journey of Cory Hahn, a dear friend, former roommate and teammate who is living with a spinal cord injury.
• Grateful Dead Day: Calling all Dead Heads, The Other Ones and Dancing Bears, join us for a special Grateful Dead themed day today at PNC Park. Start the night on Federal Street with live music featuring theCAUSE starting at 2:30 p.m., and the first 1,000 tickets purchased through pirates.com/GratefulDead will receive a free Pirates Grateful Dead tee. For more information and to order tickets, visit pirates.com/GratefulDead.
• Girl Scouts Day: Today, the Pirates present the second Girl Scouts Day at PNC Park, a celebration of area Girl Scouts and their families and friends. Participating Girl Scouts will also receive a Pittsburgh Pirates Girl Scout Day patch. For tickets and more information, visit pirates.com/girlscouts.
• Sean Rod Bobble: Today, the first 20,000 fans with paid admission will receive a Pirates Sean Rodriguez walkoff bobblehead, presented by Central Blood Bank.
• Block Party: Come down early to join us before today's game for the Grateful Dead themed Saturday Jim Beam Block Party starting at 2:30 p.m. on Federal Street. Fans are invited to come party on the street as food and beer sales will be available and a live music with theCAUSE. Pirates alumni John Candelaria will sign autographs at the Leinenkugel Bar that will be located on Federal Street.
• University Night with Edinboro University: Today, the Pirates will host University Night with Edinboro University. All fans who purchase University Night tickets will receive a ticket in one of two special sections and a Pirates/Edinboro hat. This season the Pirates will host 10 University Nights on select dates. Students, alumni and fans of local universities are invited to cheer on the Pirates together at PNC Park. For complete information and a list of the 2018 University Nights visit pirates.com/universitynights.
Sunday, June 24, 2018 -- Pirates vs. Arizona Diamondbacks (1:35 p.m.) -- Kids Day
• Youth Baseball and Softball Day: The first 1,000 players and coaches to register as a team will participate in a
special pre-game ceremony on the field for Youth Baseball and Softball Days. Kids can run the bases following the game. Players and coaches are encouraged to wear their team's jersey. For tickets and complete information, visit pirates.com/youthbaseballandsoftball.
• "Bucco Talk": All Youth Baseball and Softball Day participants are invited to attend a special "Bucco Talk" event with a Pirates player, Pirates Broadcaster and Alumni Bob Walk, and Pirates coaches, as they offer tips and drills that kids can practice at home. This Q&A will take place from 11 to 11:30 a.m. in the first base stands (celebrities are subject to change without notice).
• Breakfast with the Bird: This morning, the Pirate Parrot will host a Pirates Season Ticket Holders for a special breakfast in Picnic Park on the PNC Riverwalk. Today's breakfast is exclusively for Season Ticket Holders who preregistered for the event.
• American Heart Association Day: Come on out, enjoy a ballgame and cheer on the Pirates while supporting the American Heart Association. A portion of the proceeds from each ticket sold will benefit the American Heart Association and its life saving mission. For tickets and more information, visit pirates.com/AHA.
• Type 1 Diabetes Day: Today the Pirates and JDRF join together for Type 1 Diabetes Awareness Day at PNC Park. Help raise awareness for T1D and $5 from each ticket purchase through this offer will benefit the JDRF Western Pennsylvania Chapter. For tickets and more information, visit pirates.com/JDRF.
• Kids Drawstring: Today, all kids ages 14 and younger, with paid admission, will receive a special Pirates Drawstring bag, presented by MLB Network.
• Kids Run the Bases: Kids attending today's game are invited to stick around after to run the bases on the field at PNC Park with the Kids Run the Bases, presented by Rivendale.
Pirates Summer Six-Packs
The Pirates announce the new fan value Summer Six-Pack plans with the special offer -- buy five games, get the sixth game FREE. Plans are priced as low as $48 as fans are able to build their own plans and select from all games throughout the remainder of the 2018 season. Packages are available in most seating sections with fixed plan pricing -- pick any 6 games in an eligible price category and your price stays the same. For complete information, visit pirates.com/6Pack.
New for 2018, get exclusive offers just for students with the Pirates Papa John's Student Pass-- available through mobile delivery! Students with a .edu email address will be able to purchase tickets through the MLB Ballpark app. Text STUDENT to 61592 to receive Papa John's Student Pass offers. Your first Student Pass purchase gets you a FREE large one-topping Papa John's pizza. You may pick up your coupon during that game at the MLB Ballpark app kiosk located on the Riverwalk at PNC Park before the end of the 4th inning. The Papa John's Student Pass is a new type of ticket that gives students access to special offers throughout the season.
Pirates Charities 50/50 Raffles
The Pirates Charities 50/50 Raffle, supported by Rivers Casino, will take place during each Pirates home game throughout the season. Raffle ticket prices are two (2) tickets for $5, five (5) tickets for $10, 20 tickets for $20 and 80 tickets for $40, with all proceeds benefiting Pirates Charities. Raffle ticket sales close after the last out in the sixth inning. The winning number will be drawn and announced in the 8th inning and the winner will receive 50 percent of the total pot. Winning numbers will also be posted on pirates.com/5050raffle within three business days.
The Ballpark app for iPhone and Android smartphones is the official MLB ballpark phone app for PNC Park. The app compliments and personalizes your trips to PNC Park with mobile check-ins, social media, offers, promotions and exclusive content. Entering its sixth season, Ballpark delivers fully intuitive integration of locally focused technology with a league- wide feature set, including team customization, exclusive video highlights, seat and experience upgrade capabilities; MyTickets Mobile for in-app ticket management, delivery and storage of every ticket sold and content integration with ballpark video screens. In addition, the Ballpark App is now featuring the Food and Beverage Finder, answering all of your questions as to where the best concessions are throughout PNC Park.
Hunt Auctions Kiosk
Located on the main concourse behind section 125, the Hunt Auctions kiosk is your one and only source for game-used and autographed items at PNC Park. Stop by to own your piece of the 2018 Pirates season and check out our new autographed and game-used products featuring Josh Bell, Josh Harrison, Starling Marte, Austin Meadows, Jameson Taillon and more. Specially branded game-used bases and more will be available, while supplies last, at the Hunt Kiosk or by emailing Authentics@pirates.com.
Slice Family 4-Pack
The Slice Family 4-Pack is a value-packed ticket package perfect for your next trip to PNC Park. The package includes four (4) tickets to any Monday-Thursday Pirates home game (excluding Opening Day), one large, one-topping pizza from Slice on Broadway at PNC Park and four 16 oz. fountain drinks.
Hunt Autograph and Memorabilia Show
The Celebration of the Pittsburgh Pirates Autograph and Memorabilia Show, presented by Hunt Auctions, will take place Saturday, July 28 at PNC Park. Please see below for a list of Pirates players and alumni scheduled to appear. For the signing schedule, pricing and to order autograph tickets visit Pirates.HuntAuctions.com.
Players scheduled to appear:
The Pirates announced the return of University Nights at PNC Park on select dates throughout the 2018 season. The nights are in partnership with local universities, and fans who purchase University Night tickets will receive a ticket in one of two special sections and a special co-branded Pirates cap. Students, alumni and fans of local universities are invited to cheer on the Pirates together at PNC Park. The caps for the program are available only with the special University Night tickets. For complete information, visit pirates.com/universitynights.
• University of Pittsburgh: Tuesday, July 10
• California University of Pennsylvania: Friday, September 7
• Duquesne University: Friday, September 21
• Slippery Rock University: Sunday, September 23
• Pirates Cove (Sections 201- 205): Tickets in the right field Pirates Cove area offer a great view as well as access
to the new $5 or less value items menu. Pirates Cove tickets are just $30 each and include bottomless popcorn,
peanuts and soda.
• Giant Eagle Advantage Card: The Pirates and Giant Eagle partner to offer fans a chance to save up to $10 on
tickets for Sunday through Friday home games. Visit pirates.com/advantagecard for more details.
• PNC Bank Pirates Card: The Pirates and PNC Bank team up to offer discounted tickets for select games at PNC
Park. Fans can use their PNC Bank Pirates card and save up to $10 on select games throughout the season, including their great Thursday special where card holders can purchase buy one get one Outfield Box tickets. For tickets and more information visit pirates.com/pnccheckcard.
• Port Authority ConnectCard: Get specially-priced tickets with your Port Authority ConnectCard! Save up to $10 this season on Sunday thru Friday games at PNC Park, PAT card holders can purchase Grandstand tickets for only $10 to all Wednesday games throughout the season. For tickets and more information visit pirates.com/connectcard.
For a complete list of the 2018 Pirates promotions and special events, visit pirates.com/promotions.