The Colorado Rockies announced today that they have recalled infielder Garrett Hampson, left-handed pitcher Sam Howard and outfielder Raimel Tapia from Triple-A Albuquerque, and have selected the contract of right-handed pitcher D.J. Johnson from Triple-A. Additionally, outfielder Yonathan Daza was recalled from Double-A Hartford and placed on the 60-day disabled list (left shoulder strain).
• Hampson, 23, will be making his third Major League stint this season after making his debut July 21 in Arizona in a start at second base … has batted .273 (6-for-22) with one run, one double, one triple, two RBI, five walks and one stolen base across 10 games with six starts … in 110 games across Hartford and Albuquerque this season, batted .311 (138-for-444) with 81 runs, 25 doubles, six triples, 10 home runs, 40 RBI, 51 walks and 36 stolen bases … the Reno, Nev., native was originally selected by Colorado in the third round of the 2016 First-Year Player Draft out of Long Beach State.
• Howard, 25, has made one relief appearance, his Major League debut, across two stints with the Rockies this season … pitched one scoreless inning June 10 vs. Arizona … was last recalled from Albuquerque on July 14, but did not make an appearance … in 21 starts with Albuquerque, went 3-8 with a 5.06 ERA (96.0 IP, 54 ER), 34 walks and 80 strikeouts … the Cartersville, Ga., native was originally selected by Colorado out of Georgia Southern University in the third round of the 2014 First-Year Player Draft.
• Tapia, 24, will be making his second stint on the Major League roster this season … batted .222 (4-for-18) with four runs, two doubles, one home run, five RBI, two walks and five strikeouts in 14 games over his first stint … in 105 games for Albuquerque, batted .302 (131-for-434) with 81 runs, 33 doubles, nine triples, 11 home runs, 62 RBI, 32 walks and 21 stolen bases … in his career with Colorado, has batted .278 (60-for-216) with 35 runs, 14 doubles, two triples, three home runs, 24 RBI, 12 walks, 52 strikeouts and eight stolen bases.
• Johnson, 29, will be making his first career appearance on the Major League roster … went 3-5 with a 3.90 ERA (55.1 IP, 24 ER), 15 walks and 84 strikeouts across 50 relief appearances for Albuquerque this season … across parts of eight Minor League seasons in the Tampa Bay (2010), Arizona (2011-13), Minnesota (2014), Miami (2015), Los Angeles-AL (2016) and Colorado (2016-18) organizations, is 17-19 with a 3.57 ERA (358.0 IP, 142 ER), 132 walks and 375 strikeouts … the Beaverton, Ore., native was signed by the Rockies to a Minor League contract on Nov. 18, 2016 … went undrafted and was originally signed by Tampa Bay to a Minor League contract on June 24, 2010.
• Daza, 24, was added to the Rockies' 40-man roster on Nov. 20, 2017 … in 54 games with Hartford this season, batted .306 (67-for-219) with 27 runs, 18 doubles, two triples, four home runs, 29 RBI, seven walks and four stolen bases … endured three stints on the seven-day disabled list … was originally signed as a non-drafted international free agent out of Maracay, Venezuela, on Oct. 20, 2010.